PDA

View Full Version : **help With Dump Valve Help**

scooby
13-02-2007, 01:43 PM
As the title state's,just fitted a bailey dv26 dump valve today to my audi 1.8t and i am getting no pssssh sound,from the dump valve does anyone know why this is happening :zx11: and everytime i rev the car i get a clicking sound when it drop down to idle ? any help on this matter will be greatful.

Cheers Dazza.

Eshrules
13-02-2007, 03:29 PM
As the title state's,just fitted a bailey dv26 dump valve today to my audi 1.8t and i am getting no pssssh sound,from the dump valve does anyone know why this is happening :zx11: and everytime i rev the car i get a clicking sound when it drop down to idle ? any help on this matter will be greatful.

Cheers Dazza.

yeah, get that dump valve off, ive read a post somewhere which i will try to find shortly for you. another member had fitted a baileys, cut his pipes to fit it etc and experienced no end of problems. its something to do with the way the EGR valve works i think, not %100 sure on that one, but general rule of thumb, if it was fine before and it isnt now, take off whatever you put on it :beerchug:

scooby
14-02-2007, 12:26 PM
Got it sorted,the reason being was that the blanking plug has came out of the horse as i forgot to tighten the clip DOH but all seen fine now and it running alot better and getting the full air release ;) and the nice psssssh sound.

Eshrules
23-02-2007, 04:43 PM
Got it sorted,the reason being was that the blanking plug has came out of the horse as i forgot to tighten the clip DOH but all seen fine now and it running alot better and getting the full air release ;) and the nice psssssh sound.

glad to hear you sorted it although i fear you will have more issues in the future :beerchug:

Sam
23-02-2007, 05:48 PM

There was your first mistake, putting the blanking plate in the horse!