PDA

View Full Version : A for Audi in Glasgow??

marty72
13-02-2007, 03:15 AM
Has anyone had any dealings with this workshop in Glasgow?:beerchug: M

marty72
17-02-2007, 02:19 AM
Just had my A4 serviced by Andy (ex Audi tech) at "A for Audi." (Glasgow area)
Great price and there's a pick up and delivery service. had a rear wheel bearing done as well and was told it would need 4 way track check/adjusted at a cost of £40. When car was dropped off he told me they put it on the machine and found everything within man. spec so no £40 charge, top notch.
His phone numbers are

0141 564 5899 or mobile 07810304416
:beerchug: M

lennymfo
01-03-2007, 09:52 PM
Taking my A4 in tomorrow, hope it goes as well as yours. But more importantly, I get an honest service. I'm sure I will he sounds very helpful on the phone.

lennymfo
08-03-2007, 10:27 PM
Andy has quoted me £650 for to front arm kits, 2 cv joints, rubber boots and tracking. Quite reasonable I think.

Niall76
09-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Sound good. I too am in the Glasgow area - could you give me their address please

lennymfo
09-03-2007, 08:06 PM
Yep, his number is 0141 5645899. He just outside CLyde bank. Mention that Ian Wood gave you his number and mention this website as well.

lennymfo
09-03-2007, 08:22 PM
The jobs I got done would have cost 1400 at a dealer and it cost 650 with him - genuine audi parts as well

Teutonic_Tamer
10-03-2007, 11:51 AM
OK guys, this Independent would seem worthy of a mention in the "dealers" section of the forum: http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43

If you could post their details over there, then the rest of the forum members would, I'm sure, appreciate it.

Rgds

laddieboy
16-11-2007, 12:03 PM
Hello New member here from Glasgow. I after several very unsatisfactory experiences with Glasgow Audi at Hillington decided to choose A for Audi to do my belt change and water pump replacement. I had my Air Conditioning done at the same time as he seemed to be so professional and honest.

I must say I was not dis-appointed. They picked up my car, kept me informed and dropped it back off to me. No problems and nice folks to deal with. A total contrast to the take it or leave it attitude of the main Audi dealer.

He also fixed the internal alarm disable switch that was not working since Audi did a strip down for £6000 accident repair to my car (not my fault). Audi refused to fix it as they said they were not responsible, this despite there being several electrical switches also not working that they themselves had traced to simply not being put back together again properly by their guys. Anyways A for Audi fixed it for free as it was yet another switch not correctly re-installed and was simple to do.

Sadly I have to deal with Audi at Hillington to get my instrument cluster replaced free by Audi UK, I will let yopu know my experience as it progresses.

Ditch Audi at hillington cos they are overpriced and very poor customer service, especially when things go wrong, they just turn nasty on you.

Has anyone else found this?

RickT
17-11-2007, 05:41 PM
Andy has quoted me £650 for to front arm kits, 2 cv joints, rubber boots and tracking. Quite reasonable I think.

i replaced the VV joints the other day on mind.. it Cost £150 trade for the parts...

The arms kit is around the same place... so you are looking at £300 labour charges..

Rick

Nicky
01-02-2008, 03:15 PM
hi I am a new member of the Forum but it is thanks to you guys and this thread that I have found out about A for Audi. My fuel senders are not working in my TT and I took it to Audi Hillington whose qute to fix it was the price of a luxury holiday!!! After reading this thread I phoned A for Audi yesterday and asked for a quote. The price Andy gave me was brilliant so I have booked the car in for next week and they are even going to come and pick it up. I will let you know how the job goes but if he is as good as everyone is saying I will be putting my car in there all the time. I also have some either minor stuff that is wrong like the airbag light staying on which I told Andy about he said he would throw fixing that in with price - how's that for service!!!!

lennymfo
01-02-2008, 10:55 PM
hi I am a new member of the Forum but it is thanks to you guys and this thread that I have found out about A for Audi. My fuel senders are not working in my TT and I took it to Audi Hillington whose qute to fix it was the price of a luxury holiday!!! After reading this thread I phoned A for Audi yesterday and asked for a quote. The price Andy gave me was brilliant so I have booked the car in for next week and they are even going to come and pick it up. I will let you know how the job goes but if he is as good as everyone is saying I will be putting my car in there all the time. I also have some either minor stuff that is wrong like the airbag light staying on which I told Andy about he said he would throw fixing that in with price - how's that for service!!!!
He's brilliant mate. Best move you'll ever make.

Nicky
02-02-2008, 12:27 PM
Thanks I hope so will post a reply once the jo is done but I am sure I will notbe disappointed