PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Brightness

Audiruss
04-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Hello,

Just a quick query, I have a 51 Plate A3 1.8T, very much enjoying it but at night it seems with the main headlights on they don't appear very bright at all, my mate asked me if I had them on the other night they were so dim, is it just my car or are you finding the same thing? Obviosuly I've cleaned the outside of the lamps etc. I might try some new bulbs soon, I know Halford do those extra bright units.

Thanks,

Russell

pumbaa71
04-11-2008, 11:58 AM
Done this one myself...What about the headlight level adjuster thing or what ever the proper name is. The thing your supposed to adjust if you have a car and boot load of stuff.

Not got my audi yet so not sure if it has this setting but in the past i've questioned the brightness on my landy only to realises the adjuster has been moved and the lights and pointing lower.

omegadirective
04-11-2008, 12:22 PM
I think it's a trait of the car design. The Halfords lights that are "50% brighter" do help. They make a suprising amount of difference and are normally on offer.

My A3 used to have the problem and now my S3 has a similar issue. Although the lights are much better on the S3, they aren't high enough to illuminate the road, however the beam does appear to be correct, though it's very dull at the top of it's beam.

When driving on an empty road it's fine, but as soon as another car comes towards you it looks like you're driving blind.

Best thing is to try the Halfords lights. :)

Audiruss
04-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Thanks for your response guy's,

Yes I have checked the headlight adjustment but still no cigar! Off to sunny Halfords I think, would like to have them sorted for the winter!

Only had my my audi a month and must say I love it, only complaint being the handling is not as good as my old focus but what can you do???

Russell