PDA

View Full Version : Best phone to use with Audi SATNAV/Bluetooth/Etc

GFIB
03-11-2008, 11:29 PM
Hi All,

This is my first thread on this forum, so hello to everyone, hope all are well.

Just a quick one really (i'm sure i'll have more later on though)
The problem is I'm looking at getting the S5 in a couple of months (A4 1.8T 56 Plate at mo) and the new I-phone and i'm just wondering, does anybody have any experiences with the i-phone on the S5 or does anyone know of the best phone to use in conjunction with this system?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Neerazan
04-11-2008, 02:02 PM
The iPhone 3G seems to work fine.

I'm still waiting for someone to help me on my old first gen iPhone for the A/S5.

Go to the A/S5 owners club forums, you'll find tons more help on that forum there than on here for this particular car..

www.a5oc.com (http://www.a5oc.com)

a5bhoy
15-11-2008, 11:12 AM
I have posted a reply to Neerazan on another thread - but the I-phone works well with the A5.

Never had any problems with the connection.

You may need to amend your phone book however - to get the best from using the steering wheel controls. I had a lot of names imported to my I-phone in the format 'xxxx - Mobile'. This meant that I couldn't search by the letter of their name as it listed a lot under '- Mobile' !

Bit of a pain but amending my phone book helped.

I now have a Sony C902 and although I've had a couple of bluetooth dropouts this seems to work better with the controls. For example - I can pull up my entire call history from the phone - even for calls that were made away from the car.

With the I-phone these were missing - I could only use this for calls made and received since the car had been started. Switch off the car for a minute and these are all lost with the I-phone.

Hope this helps.

Neerazan
18-11-2008, 01:08 PM
Thanks A5bhoy. Much appreciated. :)

passing
22-12-2008, 09:23 PM
I found a rather short list of compatible phones on the web - basically only Siemens and Nokia.
However I got a much longer list today from the ******** and as my phone contract is up next month will be looking for a fully compatible phone till then.
Some phones with medi playing capability can also play through the AMI which I asume means a USB connection required.