PDA

View Full Version : Chugging Superb

podge6
03-11-2008, 10:00 PM
folks, my 04 superb has started to shudder/jerk/chug every so often. Sometimes it'll happen others I can drive for 100 mile and not a sign. I've already had the footwell leak and electrics "fixed". It doesn't seem to be mechanical, I've had two mechanics look at it and i'm no further on. Does it sound familiar to anyone? any bright ideas?:zx11:

Crasher
03-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Which engine?

podge6
03-11-2008, 10:03 PM
1.9 tdi

Crasher
04-11-2008, 11:47 AM
If you have a fault code read done I would expect to see a fault for an electrical malfunction on injector one and in which case, you would change the in head injector harness first which costs about £45 and takes an hour and a half to fit.

podge6
04-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Good man, I'l give it a try and let you know how it goes, thanks again.

podge6
10-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Well, got her back on sat, nothing done to it. Everytime he took it for a spin, it ran perfect. He wants to put it on to the computer but says there's no point doing that until it's running bad. Which I kind of understand, but still no better off, so it's going to have to get worse before it gets better. And to top it all off, as soon as I got her home, went out for a run to the shop and noticed a nice new oil leak, this just gets better and better.
Really starting to doubt my Superb!!!!

Talk me round folks.

Crasher
19-02-2009, 02:13 PM
The memory is non volatile, if it logs a code it keeps it so if there is a problem with the head harness, it will store the code, which is the whole point of modern diagnostics.

Where is the oil leak from?

Don’t doubt the car, they are very good cars

podge6
19-02-2009, 06:05 PM
All is well again, the oil leak was just from a rubber washer that hadn't been put back correctly after the initial investigations, and the chugging has miraculously stopped, that's been nearly two months now, so no complaints here. had to replace the cb joint, but bar that, i'm back i'm a believer once again!!