PDA

View Full Version : Oil / Water problems 2L TDI SPORT 2004

Matt_Storm
02-11-2008, 12:45 AM
Has anyone else experienced oil/ water contamination on the tdi 2l engine before? Firstly my car started losing a little water over a period of time so i had the headgasket changed and head skimmed, the car then became worse with oil showing in the water expansion tank while water formed inside the oil filler cap.I returned it to the garage who agreed to change the headgasket again but only on its return we discovered the problem began again.
The car was then returned again and the garage changed the oil cooler but still the problem persists! Does anyone have any ideas what this can be? i feel like scrapping it!

a8 tech
02-11-2008, 12:58 AM
The engine block is leaking past the cylinder head bolts at the dowl between cylinder 3 and 4.The water/oil leaks past the dowel and ends up in the header tank mix this defect can result in a new engine or apply sealant to the head bolt threads at cylinder 3/4 on the exhaust side replace the dowels in the block with the modified type.Make sure all the threads 4239are cleaned out and the excess oil sucked out.Fit new head gasket and bolts and flush the oil and coolant sytems until all traces of oil are gone then after 1000 miles re flush and fit a new coolant header tankonly when there is no scum from the oil in the header tank.
the dowel part number is Part No. 028 103 039 C
the sealant part number is AMV 200 00 or AMV 154 103
If you are suffering coolant loss there are two other factors to consider.
1 the egr is defective and coolant is burninf off into the exhaust sytem
2 the cylinder head is leaking on cylinders 1 and 2.Remove the manifold and pressure test the coolant system and look for coolant around the exhaust valves.
I would fit a new engine if you confirm more than one of these