PDA

View Full Version : Question Heated Seat Problem

Toog
01-11-2008, 10:11 PM
I've recently bought a 2001 (51) Golf 1.8T GTI. The problem being both heated seats (cloth) are not working- nusiance now winter is fast approaching.
I have checked the fuse number 44 which i believe is for the heated seats- when i uncovered the fuse board (right handside of dashboard) this fuse was missing, so i thought great an easy fix. (I've also checked fuse number 5 which is ok)
After rushing out and buying a couple of replacement 15amp fuses, i tried to fit it but with no luck. It seems as though the terminal 'slot' is missing from number 44 fuse location, so there is no grip on the fuse itself. I double checked and i can't even see the little metal terminals which hold the blade. I find this strange as all the other fuses seem ok.
The car is fitted with the winter pack ie headlight washers which are working fine. Also all other equipment is working ok.
Has anyone got any ideas?

:confused: Cheers Toog

jimpeeps
04-11-2014, 03:58 PM
I've recently bought a 2001 (51) Golf 1.8T GTI. The problem being both heated seats (cloth) are not working- nusiance now winter is fast approaching.
I have checked the fuse number 44 which i believe is for the heated seats- when i uncovered the fuse board (right handside of dashboard) this fuse was missing, so i thought great an easy fix. (I've also checked fuse number 5 which is ok)
After rushing out and buying a couple of replacement 15amp fuses, i tried to fit it but with no luck. It seems as though the terminal 'slot' is missing from number 44 fuse location, so there is no grip on the fuse itself. I double checked and i can't even see the little metal terminals which hold the blade. I find this strange as all the other fuses seem ok.
The car is fitted with the winter pack ie headlight washers which are working fine. Also all other equipment is working ok.
Has anyone got any ideas?

:confused: Cheers Toog

Hi,

I have the same issue.

Did you ever figure out what the issue was with the seats and why there is nothing to grip to in slot 44?

Thanks