PDA

View Full Version : The "Registration" Process

stuart
01-11-2008, 07:38 PM
I have been getting a lot of email and Private messages regarding problems new members have been having when trying to log in during there first use of the site.

The registration process is simple... Once you have entered all your details, INCLUDING the USERNAME and PASSWORD YOU CHOSE you will recieve an email from the site. If you do not add this site URL to any SPAM filter you have installed, you may not get this email, and you will not be able to continue!

I recommend that you add the site URL to any form of SPAM filter BEFORE you register! I will not reply to any emails that request confirmation such as Bluebottle etc.

Within this email is a URL link that you need to click on to complete your registration.

Once done, you need to use the USERNAME and PASSWORD you chose, NOT the activation ID.

I hope this clears things up.

Stuart

stuart
30-12-2010, 10:37 AM
I am still getting a large number of emails asking "Why can't I post"... most of the time this is because you have not completed the registration process...

Once you have registered, an email is sent to the email address you registered with... PLEASE MAKE SURE: -

1. The email address you entered is correct! - Members do make mistakes

2. The email address is GENUINE! - Members do make email addresses up or use out of date addresses. They think it will stop spam! all it does is stops you using the site! I will also either change all settings to stop you receiving emails, and using the PM system, or delete your membership - I am fed up of receiving return emails because of "dummy", "Old" or "non existent" email addresses being used

3. You have entered www.vwaudiforum.co.uk as an exception is any spam filter!

4. You follow the link in this email to activate your membership!

If you do not follow this procedure you will not be able to use the site...

DO NOT email any member of the team if you have not done the above, the email will be ignored!

The registration process is simple.....

Thanks

Stuart & The Team