PDA

View Full Version : 1.8 (225PS) v 3.2 V6

Hetty
01-11-2008, 07:14 PM
Currently driving a 3 litre BMW sport coupe and am looking to change to a TT. I have test driven a 2004 1.8 (225) but could also afford the 3.2 looking at 2004 plates again. I am loooking for opinions on general running costs.....am I going to notice vast differences between the two? The dealer can give me all the info but am looking for owner experience as well. any help would be greatly appreciated....

kite
01-11-2008, 08:30 PM
225 all the way, lots more tuning options with a turbo !

Moro Anis
19-11-2008, 11:21 PM
I've got a 1.8T quattro which is loads of fun and handles beautifully. I've heard the 3.2 is very juicy around town. May or may not bother you and may or may not be true. Good luck with your search.

kammyTT
03-01-2009, 11:21 AM
i went for the 225 in the end, you cant really tune a 3.2 v6 on a small budget and the mpg is meant to be worse.

if your after the noise from a v6 then just add a mishimoto intake,uprated dv and blueflame exhaust like i did, sounds :D

Hetty
03-01-2009, 02:20 PM
yep...i went for the 225 in the end...and am loving it!!!!
Had quite a bit of snow and ice up here in the last month or so and am extremely impressed at how its handling that as well.....
can't stop smiling when i look at it...and hate getting out of it.....how sad lol!!!

adamss24
03-01-2009, 08:11 PM
yep...i went for the 225 in the end...and am loving it!!!!
Had quite a bit of snow and ice up here in the last month or so and am extremely impressed at how its handling that as well.....
can't stop smiling when i look at it...and hate getting out of it.....how sad lol!!!
If the Haldex quattro system impressed you in the TT, then you should try poper Torsen quattro as fitted in the a4 Quattro...Much more feedback and less drama like on the TT !

kammyTT
04-01-2009, 02:28 PM
what you really need is the sport haldex which come in two colours.

it redistributes the power ration and apparently makes a huge difference, pricey at £500 though hence why i dont have one yet :)

Hetty
04-01-2009, 05:43 PM
If the Haldex quattro system impressed you in the TT, then you should try poper Torsen quattro as fitted in the a4 Quattro...Much more feedback and less drama like on the TT !

Can't say have experienced too much drama......previous car was a 3 litre BMW sport...now that was drama!!! especially in the snow. So finding the TT very stable....tho obviously fun can be had. Its definitely making winter driving very enjoyable..

adamss24
04-01-2009, 07:26 PM
what you really need is the sport haldex which come in two colours.

it redistributes the power ration and apparently makes a huge difference, pricey at £500 though hence why i dont have one yet :)
You are talking about the Haldex controller aka ECU. Some places sell-as you know-uprated ECU wich will transfer power much quicker whithout having to slip the front wheels that much, still much more drama than a propper Torsen. I have always hatted the slip then grip feeling of the haldex 4 wheel drive. The torsen is soo much smoother and on a diesel is more progressive and predictable than on petrol one...

kammyTT
05-01-2009, 01:52 AM
You are talking about the Haldex controller aka ECU. Some places sell-as you know-uprated ECU wich will transfer power much quicker whithout having to slip the front wheels that much, still much more drama than a propper Torsen. I have always hatted the slip then grip feeling of the haldex 4 wheel drive. The torsen is soo much smoother and on a diesel is more progressive and predictable than on petrol one...

i dont mean anu ecu based remap as thats what i think your speaking about. i mean the uprated haldex controller that you can get fron the tt shop, its a sport haldex that delivers the power properly.

the tt isnt proper 4wd see link here....http://www.hpamotorsports.com/haldex.htm

onemanparty
06-01-2009, 04:41 PM
i dont mean anu ecu based remap as thats what i think your speaking about. i mean the uprated haldex controller that you can get fron the tt shop, its a sport haldex that delivers the power properly.

the tt isnt proper 4wd see link here....http://www.hpamotorsports.com/haldex.htm

Isn't proper 4WD :confused: 95 / 5 split on a Haldex used on the TT & A3. So you do get 4WD?

1.8 V 3.2 anyway the sound of the 3.2 V6 is lovely but the 1.8T 225 is better. I loved the 1.8T 225 on my old S3

adamss24
06-01-2009, 06:17 PM
Its still not a propper quattro ! It is about 90% front wheel drive but, due to the uprated yellow Haldex ECU( similar/improved hardware and definately new software !) will transfer the power much quicker due to the fact that the engines are torquey enough to spin the front wheels when revved hard ! Haldex clutches are only fitted to transverse engined cars and many so called town"off-roaders": toyota RAV, Honda CRV, ford Kuga, etc. cannot pull themselves out off a muddy field with or without off-road tyres ! To call a car propper 4x4, then it should have a locking diff. and a min. torque split of 50-50% across the axles at all times! Thats the reason why Mitsi EVO's and scoobyies are soo good on the track...also the torsen fitted in audi's are fine handlers as well but not as hardcore !

onemanparty
06-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Its still not a propper quattro ! It is about 90% front wheel drive but, due to the uprated yellow Haldex ECU( similar/improved hardware and definately new software !) will transfer the power much quicker due to the fact that the engines are torquey enough to spin the front wheels when revved hard ! Haldex clutches are only fitted to transverse engined cars and many so called town"off-roaders": toyota RAV, Honda CRV, ford Kuga, etc. cannot pull themselves out off a muddy field with or without off-road tyres ! To call a car propper 4x4, then it should have a locking diff. and a min. torque split of 50-50% across the axles at all times! Thats the reason why Mitsi EVO's and scoobyies are soo good on the track...also the torsen fitted in audi's are fine handlers as well but not as hardcore !

4x4 / 4WD is a vehicle that has power to 4 wheels that is what I was saying

Also it is 95 /5 split on the haldex and Torsen 40/ 60 for Generation 6

A true 4x4 is a Defender not a Jap toy!! :biglaugh: