PDA

View Full Version : How to remove/refit roof strips on '95 CL estate

Flex24
01-11-2008, 01:19 PM
Does anyone know how to remove and refit the black roof strips on a '95 estate??

I am having a go at cleaning and detailing and would like to do the roof properly. The end caps at the tailgate slid back but then I'm stuck. The strips have started to lift in places so if I can get them to sit properly that would be good too.

I have the usual problems vis sunroof/electrics but seem to have problems as well with the plastic trims being fragile so dont want to have to be too brutal.

Flex24
19-11-2008, 08:09 PM
Well, I decided to risk it and , standing at the back, pull the end of the strip upwards. I worked my hand forwards and the strip popped up. It is held on with white clips in line with the strip. I only went as far as the first 2 clips, the channel was mucky so I had a quick clean and then put the strip back. Thankfully the clips were fine but I'm nervous one or more will break or the strip will bend. I will leave alone until I can get the courage to have another go!!

Passrat
28-11-2008, 05:42 PM
I've just changed mine because I had a pair of roof rails to fit, it might pay to go to your loca lVW dealer and get a handful of the white clips ;) Probably cheap as chips