PDA

View Full Version : pollen filter

vwturbo
31-10-2008, 08:52 PM
hi,on my passat estate 1.8 turbo 2002 model i have the pollen filter but no cover to cover it should there be one,i have the cover that goes along the top that covers the battery and things,do any of you know if this is right or not

snapdragon
31-10-2008, 09:08 PM
hi,on my passat estate 1.8 turbo 2002 model i have the pollen filter but no cover to cover it should there be one,i have the cover that goes along the top that covers the battery and things,do any of you know if this is right or not

Sounds right to me.

vwturbo
31-10-2008, 09:16 PM
so it does not have its own cover,just the long one that covers battery and servo, snapdragon

snapdragon
31-10-2008, 10:58 PM
Yes boss, under the perforated strip is the pollen filter and you can see the top of it. It is also held in by a plastic clip, but if this is lost it doesn't matter too much. There should also be a gutter about a foot long over the back of the pollen filter under the perforated plastic strip - it looks like a handle. You should be able to see or feel it.

dan evans
31-10-2008, 11:15 PM

yes there should be a thinn chanel wich runns just under the scuttel panel to stop the water from going through the filter, it clips on to the pollen filter housing .

vwturbo
01-11-2008, 12:17 AM
thanks very much guys