PDA

View Full Version : Audi UK AMI info

rd1
30-10-2008, 10:57 PM
Hi,
I'm really sensitive about posting this issue knowing the probs some have had with the missing aux and various issues with the AMI/Ipods etc etc but provide the following in case it helps others.
I picked up my private deal B8 A4 on 5 October after ordering in July.The brochure told me that I would have a 6 CD head unit with sound card. I had gone for the MMI high with sat nav so did not worry about the AMI because of the soundcard provision.When I picked the car up it did not have the soundcard as Audi had upgraded the head unit.

I contacted Audi UK (one week later) and told them that had I known this I would have also gone for the AMI at £200 factory fit, and the car was not as I ordered. The local dealers were very good but had quoted me £575 for the AMI retrofit. I asked Audi to make some contribution as I was happy to pay the £200 but not the full amount.
Within two days they came back to the dealers and arranged for them to fit the AMI at no charge to me as they saw the problem. So if your order is the same as mine without the AMI then its worth contacting them to see what they say.
Hope it helps.

Plife
30-10-2008, 11:57 PM
That was a bit of a result! Good work!