PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Gauge Problem

543nisco
29-10-2008, 10:44 PM
My mrs recently ran our A3 Tdi 130 sport out of fuel. When I put another can of fuel in it ran fine but the gauge is now not showing true.

When I fill up it goes way past the full line and the refuel beeper and icon come on when there is still 1/4 of a tank left if you go by the gauge, although its down to less than 10 ltrs of fuel when I actually fill up.

Has anybody had the same problem? Will the gauge settle down and go back to normal or do I need to get it reset somehow?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

euroslap
29-10-2008, 11:18 PM
My mrs recently ran our A3 Tdi 130 sport out of fuel. When I put another can of fuel in it ran fine but the gauge is now not showing true.

When I fill up it goes way past the full line and the refuel beeper and icon come on when there is still 1/4 of a tank left if you go by the gauge, although its down to less than 10 ltrs of fuel when I actually fill up.

Has anybody had the same problem? Will the gauge settle down and go back to normal or do I need to get it reset somehow?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Have a search on the forum, it's a very common problem in Audi's but unfortunately the outcome is usually that you may need to have the dash clocks/fuel gauge rebuilt. :(