PDA

View Full Version : stereo comes alive!!!

golf.driver
29-10-2008, 09:27 PM
hi all,

am new to this site and this is my first post.:D

my wife owns a 05 1.6 fsi auto mk5 golf and all is fine except........
every now and then for no reason the stereo will come on by itself when the car has been locked via the remote, even when the stereo has been switched of on the panel before turning the engine of.:confused::confused:

am at a total loss with this, any help will be mostly appreciated.:beerchug:

thanks people,

alan.

16vtdi
30-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Keep a CD in and it will not come on had mine into vag and they gave me a printout to say this is a known problem with the contatcs in the cd player they corrode and give a false reading as if to say that a cd is being inserted and swictching on the radio when a CD cant be found

golf.driver
31-10-2008, 01:28 PM
Keep a CD in and it will not come on had mine into vag and they gave me a printout to say this is a known problem with the contatcs in the cd player they corrode and give a false reading as if to say that a cd is being inserted and swictching on the radio when a CD cant be found

the car has a cd autochanger in the armrest. do i need to put a cd in the changer and the dash cd player or just the dash?

cheers,

al.

16vtdi
01-11-2008, 09:21 AM
in the dash i think it the printout did not say anything about a CD changer

golf.driver
01-11-2008, 09:35 AM
in the dash i think it the printout did not say anything about a CD changer

ok, will give it a go.

will post in a few days to let you know if it has worked.

thanks again,

al.

Smithy23
07-11-2008, 09:35 PM
Mine does the same. Thanks for the tip.

Can't believe VAG haven't recalled the units cos this problem seems really common.

golf.driver
08-11-2008, 11:36 AM
ok, will give it a go.

will post in a few days to let you know if it has worked.

thanks again,

al.

update!!

had a cd in the stereo now for a few days, and i thought it cured the problem, but got up for work this morning walked past the car and the stereo was on!!:aargh4:

i think i will have to contact the waranty people and get the car in to a lecky to try and sort it out.

thanks for the advice,

al.