PDA

View Full Version : What roof seals were updated

tincan
29-10-2008, 11:01 AM
We have been without our Eos for almost 2 weeks now and are due to collect today. OH has requested full written report on work done but we are in the dark as to what should have been done. I am aware from reading threads here that some roof seal was updated but which one and where and how many? Not that I dont trust the dealer - just that I dont trust anyone when it comes to difficult to find repairs. Any help in identifying the correct seal would be appreciated

thanks

Noel

steve271700
16-02-2009, 10:37 PM
I carry out eos repairs,:zx11: .. Most seals have been modified, some several times.

Poopedmummy
25-02-2009, 03:22 PM
I'd be interested to know which seals have been updated. What's the latest mod for the windscreen seal (see my sig). I'm going into the dealers tomorrow as they will swap my courtesy Polo for a Passat and want to speak with the Eos guy. What questions should I be asking apart from why it's all taking so long?

x

steve271700
25-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Hi early roof seals were bonded, and repaired by sealant between the seal and frame .N ow modified seal with fixed tape to seal to frame is fitted with new rail to hold seal, side member seals are now modified. if changed both sides and c segment seal would be all done if one was req.rear window outer seal are new mod for leaks into boot/storage area.
The eos guy will now have to leaise with factory during repair, A lot of seals end up back ordered and take time to arrive. somtimes after fitting you then find the leak moving at the next seal/joint and the pain continuies. Dont blame the tech.

tincan
26-02-2009, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the really useful info. Our Eos has just been returned for the third time and each time the leak seems to move, the latest being the boot. This leak caused the interior to fog up like a steam room. Another annoying aspect is that there are now terrible rattles coming from inside the sunroof, sounds like a clothes hanger tipping off the window as the car corners, Any ideas on a cure?

thanks again

regards

Noel :aargh4: