PDA

View Full Version : To pick up the new car or have it driven to me???

blackcurrent
28-10-2008, 05:54 PM
HI Everyone,

I have had a nice surprise today to hear that my new A4-S Line is ready 2 weeks earlier than forcast and I am able to have it on Friday!!!

Diliemma I have is that because I am under 100 miles from the dealership they are only able to have it driven to me, other option is that I go there to collect but this is a 2-3 hour journey on the train will 2 changes and a taxi

So I feel kind of bad about having someone drive it to me (it's about 50miles) as I really want to be the first to take it out for its first proper road drive but at the same time and I just being silly putting myself through that commute?

What would or did you do? Oh I need to let them know by the morning so need quick replies....thanks

scottishbud
28-10-2008, 06:07 PM
I would go and collect it!

RichardCranium
28-10-2008, 07:38 PM
they should deliver it on a truck. I thought dealers are not allowed to drive a new car further than 50 miles

blackcurrent
28-10-2008, 07:51 PM
No they assure me that it's 100 miles unfortunatly, they did say that they would bring it on a truck if I was ok with waiting to the second half of next week. Not something I really want to do....Want it for the weekend

kodkod.84
28-10-2008, 08:40 PM
Go and collect it- treat the train journey etc. as a little mission with a great reward at the end. :biglaugh:

mkc
28-10-2008, 08:41 PM
This is very odd. It should be delivered on the back of a flat bed or in covered Audi lorry!

Do you really want the first 100 miles on it driven by someone who is desperate to drop it off and then get back to the office?

The weather is poor at the moment, wind, rain, leaves and spray. You need to give the car a good look over in the safety of the dealership for any damage. If the car has a thick film of motorway scum on it you will not be able to see the paintwork. You need to discuss the car with the dealer, not some bloke who drops it off at the side of the road. It should have a proper hand over to discuss controls and not just dropped off by the bloke who wants to get home like mine was.

I would get in the train to go and get it and see it undercover with the lights on, set the alarm early and get the first train to where ever it is! Sit there knowing the journey back will be more enjoyable.

Dont feel bad about someone having to drive it to you, thats what they get paid to do. The problem is they need to do as many cars in a day as possible to save them stacking up at the dealer.

StephA4
28-10-2008, 09:44 PM
For a B8 S Line I would set the alarm on the Thursday and walk there!!!!:p

bhprs
28-10-2008, 09:47 PM
simple no question pick it up yourself. enjoy the whole day ,youve spent time picking the right car you need to finish the process and collect it .

blackcurrent
28-10-2008, 09:52 PM
I think your right, I think I will seriously regret it if I don't make the effort and go and pick it up. I don't really want to receive my car that I have been waiting ages for to be covered in dirt and muck on the alloys etc... I don't really want some guy driving it and fiddling with the controls, seats etc and making it seem like any other car by the time I get it.

Also it will be part of the experience being back at the dealership, having someone walk me around it, show me the controls etc and wave me off :D

Also another thing is I can control the time that I collect it, if I leave early enough I can get there by 12 and then have some time in the day light rather than getting it late afternoon as they are currently estimating.

Plife
29-10-2008, 01:05 AM
I'd go and get it if it were me. Never know how someone will treat the car on the drive down!!

Jop
29-10-2008, 09:54 AM
no question...
go pick it up.

100 miles all to yourself in your new car.. Yummy!!!

blackcurrent
29-10-2008, 12:26 PM
Well it's all sorted, I have arranged a lift to get there, so as soon as the rush hour has settled down then it will be off to collect the car.

If we get some weather where its not snowing or raining over the weekend then I will take and post some pic's of the new car ;)

mkc
29-10-2008, 12:48 PM
Over the weekend? thats 3 to 4 days away! We need photos today!

alexcf
29-10-2008, 01:36 PM
I got mine delivered, but it was coming from Huddersfield. As I've got a limit on mileage (well, included block etc etc as it's leased, you know what I mean!!), and I kicked up a little fuss over the extra mileage, and my AM over Arval totally agreed. The distance was too much anyway for them to drive it, so I think he knew that anyway ;)

blackcurrent
29-10-2008, 03:15 PM
Over the weekend? thats 3 to 4 days away! We need photos today!

Oh I'm still not picking it up till Friday, that was rushhour Friday I meant in my post...not today's rushhour...god I wish it was today.....

I did even (though some might say its a little sad) load up my SD Card last night with all my favourite tunes and have put it safetly in my wallet so I dont forget to take it with me on Friday....Yes that is a bit sad but hey I dont really care I'm allowed to be excited :p

andyrp
29-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Oh I'm still not picking it up till Friday, that was rushhour Friday I meant in my post...not today's rushhour...god I wish it was today.....

I did even (though some might say its a little sad) load up my SD Card last night with all my favourite tunes and have put it safetly in my wallet so I dont forget to take it with me on Friday....Yes that is a bit sad but hey I dont really care I'm allowed to be excited :p

I don't get mine until the end of November and my SD card is all ready loaded up and has been for at least 2 weeks now. Wouldn't say it was sad just being prepared and making an early start to the ownership experience.