PDA

View Full Version : How To get passengers mirror to drop to see the kerb when reversing

robhinesjetta
27-10-2008, 01:59 PM
I thought I'd share this with other Jetta owners.

I picked up my new jetta in September and read through the manual to see how certain gadgets worked.

I noticed in the manual that you could get the passenger mirror to drop down to view the kerb while reversing. As I have the Mid Line computer the dealership said that I didn't have this function and that it doesn't work on the jetta.

How wrong could they be, by accident I found that this already was installed and works with the jetta, I won't go in to detail on how I found out, but to get this option to work.

Switch the mirror control to L and when the vehicle is put in to reverse the mirror will drop to view the kerb. As soon as you put the car back into a forward gear the mirror automatically reverts back to it's original position.

I'm sorry if this was common knowledge, but VW said it didn't work and could be useful to other VW drivers to save them nice alloys when parking. May work on other VW's

Drumop
07-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Hi
I've just bought a 57 plate jetta and I'm very pleased with it
It's got a DSG gearbox so I must try that tomorrow morning, I'll let you know how I get on

fusemender
18-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Hi, Just tried this on my 57 plate.
Cant seem to get it to work.
Never mind.
Steve.

Drumop
19-11-2008, 10:12 AM
Hi
I've just bought a 57 plate jetta and I'm very pleased with it
It's got a DSG gearbox so I must try that tomorrow morning, I'll let you know how I get on

Forgot to try this, didn't work for me either.

balbaa
28-07-2009, 01:24 PM
Hi there,
I am not sure what you mean by Mid Line Computer!!!
All i am sure of, is that if you have MFD (Multi Functional Display) and Multi Functional steering wheel. you can navigate through the menu of the computer and you will find that there is an option called Mirror Down you set it ON and turn you mirror R or L then manually adjust the mirror to the how you want it to drop and while it is down press OK on your steering wheel for a second or two.
This will save the position you want your mirror to drop to when switch the mirror control to R or L, the mirror will return back to normal state as soon as switch of the car or increase your speed to more than about 20Km/h.

I hope this helps. :))))

Bluesmurff09
22-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Hi

Do you know if the dealer can program this function as I don't have the multifunction display and mutifunction steering wheel.

Mat