PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Bentley Continental GT

ursus
25-10-2008, 01:14 AM
The top breaking lights (above rear window) of my Bentley are out of order due to water entering the compartment where the braking lights are situated. My dealer tells me that I also have to replace the rear window in order to repair the braking lights at a cost of Euro 3000,- Quite ridiculous. Bentley doesn't want to compensate me even partially since I'm just out of guarantee period. Very scandalous since braking light is safety device and water entering is a clear design flaw. Does anyone have similar experience? Is it really necessary to replace rear window in order to repair braking light? Appreciate any reaction!

Rudolf Jansen
Rotteram
The Netherlands

Bentley GTC
24-11-2008, 02:12 PM
I have a two year old GTC and water entered the breaking lights within the first six months. They replaced the whole rear window under warranty and I was told it was a common fault. So, cant understand why yours cannot be replaced under warranty.

MadMacStew
29-12-2008, 02:14 PM
I think you answered your own question! If it's a common fault, you can be darned sure that they'll hold you strictly to the exact warranty period, as it must be costing VAG a fortune in warranty repairs. I'm happy to say that this problem doesn't affect the 'real' version of this car, i.e. my VW Phaeton! :-)

feared
05-04-2010, 07:25 PM
The top breaking lights (above rear window) of my Bentley are out of order due to water entering the compartment where the braking lights are situated. My dealer tells me that I also have to replace the rear window in order to repair the braking lights at a cost of Euro 3000,- Quite ridiculous. Bentley doesn't want to compensate me even partially since I'm just out of guarantee period. Very scandalous since braking light is safety device and water entering is a clear design flaw. Does anyone have similar experience? Is it really necessary to replace rear window in order to repair braking light? Appreciate any reaction!

Rudolf Jansen
Rotteram
The Netherlands

Has the problem been sorted? If not, email me.

MadMacStew
06-04-2010, 07:51 AM
Alternatively, try the press office!

Bentleyboy
18-08-2010, 04:48 PM
The rear window does not have to be replaced, it just has to be removed in order to replace high level brake light. They are just trying to pull on over you. It is a costly repair to get the rear window removed and installed but it doesnt need to be replaced unless they are incompetent as there are small aerial wires etc on rear screen, if these get damaged then you need a new rear screen.

masg1
16-10-2010, 11:10 PM

Rudolf Jansen
Rotteram
The Netherlands

hi i had to replace high level brake light on a continental gt you do have to remove the rear screen to fit it the wiring actually goes through the windscreen bond. what a nightmare of a job. a good windscreen fitter will be able to remove the screen without breaking it unfortunatley the vehicle i was working on the windscreen cracked when removing just be aware that the windscreen could crack on youre car if you decide to replace the brake light

crusher007
25-11-2018, 01:06 AM
again im reviving an old post as there does not seem to be much happening on here, come on bentley guys where are you ?
i have been reliably informed the brake light can be done without screen replacement, but it is tricky, might be worth nosing around the bentley section on 6 speed and see if the yanks have got more info

Blueadrian
28-12-2021, 01:45 PM
I know someone who will do this for £1200 all in including repairing the head lining fault (saggy). South of England near Southampton.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk