PDA

View Full Version : Question Help! Water in footwell of new Beetle

Mrs Fatman
23-10-2008, 05:08 PM
I've only had my 02 plate Beetle for two months, but during rain, the footwell to the passenger floor and rear passenger floor becomes soaked! I've also noticed some drops of rain on the rear passenger window. I originally thought I'd need to attend to a seal around the rear passenger window, but surely the rain would not travel as far as the front passenger footwell? Has anyone else had this problem? Where do I start looking :confused:

zf44
30-10-2008, 09:36 AM
Is your Beetle fitted with a sunroof? As we couldn't afford a cabriolet, we went for the best next thing.... a Beetle with a sunroof ;) We had the same problem as you... the cause was..... the drain pipe from the sunroof allowing the water to leak in the passenger side footwells. As we had a number of problems with it including the engine frequently cutting out and the dealer not knowing the cause we traded it in and replaced it with another Beetle without a sunroof. Thankfully no faults so far.

gingernut352000
01-11-2008, 04:03 PM
yep known fault in the drain chanells to the sun roof

ginger

gingernut352000
01-11-2008, 04:04 PM
try newbeetle.org and evvo and club concept uk for abbitional help as dedicated NB forums