PDA

View Full Version : Passanger seat window (different)

idcornwall
22-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Hi guys!

My first post here, so apologies if this was discussed before.
When I open the passenger seat window (A3 1.6 petrol) it works just fine, but when i try to close the window, it goes further down, slows down and then stops. So I have to lift it with my hands. Once it's up, it always follows the same pattern. Is it the switch?

Any help appreciated

revo_20vt
27-10-2008, 09:16 AM
window regulator

anz
29-10-2008, 11:37 PM
i've got the same problem mate. im being told all sorts of things. i was told it cant be the motor problem as the motor only works or it doesnt work, there's no half way point.
i was also told it could be the mechanism but im still not sure what it is.

revo_20vt
30-10-2008, 09:13 AM
Well on my 1.8T I had the problem where the window would go down fine but when I would go to put it back up it would go up half way and then straight back down so I would have to grab the window either side and force it back up with great difficulty, It went to the garage had the window regulator changed and it has been fine since :biglaugh:

idcornwall
31-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Well on my 1.8T I had the problem where the window would go down fine but when I would go to put it back up it would go up half way and then straight back down so I would have to grab the window either side and force it back up with great difficulty, It went to the garage had the window regulator changed and it has been fine since :biglaugh:

Thanks for info, revo. How much did they charge you mate? First I was thinking to do it myself, even found this link: http://www.piglet-net.net/tech/cars/a3-window.html . But if it's a relatively cheap job, I probably shouldnt mess with it at all.

Cheers