PDA

View Full Version : Rear Wash Wipe Tubing

s4k1b
10-02-2007, 02:12 AM
Does any1 know hoiw i can gt to this?

Opening the boot, and the plastic cover on the back, how do i get this off ?

Skidmark
10-02-2007, 10:10 AM
I assume you have the dreaded problem of the tube becoming detached and water in the boot. From memory the usual problem is found underneath the rear head lining at the very back near the tailgate. The normal fix is to secure the pipes with jubilee clips.

Skidmark

s4k1b
10-02-2007, 12:36 PM
water in the boot, yes.

however, water still sprays out of the jet washer. so im assuming its a little crack in the tubing.

can you clarify where i can get to this please? head lining... so if i open the boot is it not behind the plastic cover with the grab handles?

Skidmark
11-02-2007, 11:46 AM
The washer pipe comes from the front of the car via the roof behind the headlining and then through into the tailgate near the hinges. You can access the pipe near to the wiper from behind the trim panel that you mention. As you are getting some fluid through it could well be a split in the pipe like you mention, the usual fault with the rear washer pipe is that no fluid is coming out because the pipework has become dis-engaged at the junction point at the rear of the headlining. Skidmark

s4k1b
11-02-2007, 02:46 PM
water comes out of my washer jet fine. may be lacking pressure tho.

do u know how i get the trim panel off?

there doesnt seem to be any screws

Gt_Tdi_rich
12-02-2008, 05:09 PM
I assume you have the dreaded problem of the tube becoming detached and water in the boot. From memory the usual problem is found underneath the rear head lining at the very back near the tailgate. The normal fix is to secure the pipes with jubilee clips.

Skidmark

sorry to jump on post but mine is leaving a wet patch where the rear seat belt is is it an easy fix ?
no water comming out of the jet :mad: