PDA

View Full Version : Please Help rear nearside door on passat stuck!

w851ks4
22-10-2008, 02:12 PM
I'm looking for guidance please...................!!!! I'm sure there's been loads of info listed in the past but I'm not a patient 'searcher' so I'd really appreciate some help.

;) We have a 97 reg Passat TDI and I must say, brilliant car, easy to work on (to a point) but..............recently the rear nearside door has remained locked regardless. We've taken the interior door trim off for a look but can find anything obvious (relay is clicking suggesting that this is still working, fuses checked etc)

The remote central locking unlocks all but that door, however, the alarm does not beep (or flash) when pressing the lock button on the keyfob (I've just put a new battery in it too).

Could it be something as 'simple' as the CCM having been damp as suggested in other forums or are we looking at a new door lock actuator thingy??

Really appreciate a quick response as we're struggling with getting kids in and out.

Thankyou

kite
22-10-2008, 02:28 PM
Try leaning on the door, to take pressure off the lock when you unlock the car.

w851ks4
22-10-2008, 02:31 PM
Oh OK, I'll give it a try later and see what happens, thanks ;)

angus
22-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Had the same problem with the same door, needed a new actuator (lock and latch combined), which is a pain (literally) to get at.

Easily available from an on-line breaker, and I would have spent more in elastoplast than the 30 quid my independant caharged me to fit it.

If its "gone" it isn`t serviceable so you are looking at replacement.