PDA

View Full Version : Conversion of A4 Avant SE to Sport model

220sugars
20-10-2008, 11:48 PM
Hi there,

Greetings to all, I have finally touched base with the wizards of the Audi world. I have just stepped up from my VW Bora Sport TDI PD 6 speed to an Audi A4 Avant SE 130 TDI 6 speed on a 53 plate. I selected this model due to the extra features ie cruise control, rear electric windows, heated side mirrors, trip computer etc. However I do have a liking for the sports model’s sport suspension and electric lumbar support front seats. Can any of the Audi wizards out there advise if;

1) I would need to change the springs only or both springs and dampers as well as the best place to source them?

2) Are the sport front seats a straight swap, is my vehicle equipped with the connections for the electric lumbar support. Also is there the facility to place the compartment under the SE seats to the sport seat?

Sorry if these have been answered already, but I was unable to locate the information. I hope to hear from you.

Regards Sugars

kodkod.84
21-10-2008, 08:07 AM
Hey hope you're enjoying your new Audi.

In part answer to question 2- you should be able to install the storage trays to the sports seats as I have done this from a B7 SE to a B7 s-line.

220sugars
22-10-2008, 03:32 AM
thanks for the info.

RickT
22-10-2008, 09:26 AM
Hi there..

Springs and dampers will need to be changed...

The seat should be a simple swap... i would change front and rear seats though as they are different...

When i was looking at mine... I went for a Sport overthe SE... but found a sport with Cruise Control, rear electric windows, 6 disk auto changer, centre front armrest, storage pack, etc etc

Cheers

Rick...

220sugars
27-10-2008, 11:54 PM
Hi there..

Springs and dampers will need to be changed...

The seat should be a simple swap... i would change front and rear seats though as they are different...

When i was looking at mine... I went for a Sport overthe SE... but found a sport with Cruise Control, rear electric windows, 6 disk auto changer, centre front armrest, storage pack, etc etc

Cheers

Rick...
Nice one Rick,

I wish I had your luck and knowledge before selecting my car. I swapped over the seats this weekend easy enough done, but there are no electrical looms present on the vehicle to connect the electric lumber support conection on the seat. Nice ergonomic seats however it would be nice to experience the electric lumber support. Has anyone out there managed to wire these seats up?