PDA

View Full Version : 02 Passat TDI Indicater, Beam, lights issue

ndiqbal
20-10-2008, 09:41 AM
Hi,
Hope you can help?
I have had my Passat for 2 years, with no issues, but for the past few weeks I have had the following issue:-

1) When full lights are on, the left side indicator is on solid in the car and also the indicater lights are on solid on the left side (Passenger side) of the car, but dim.

2) When full lights are on and the beam is also on full, if I press the horn, the left side indicator light comes on and even when I let go off the horn the horn is still on, but horn sound (lower sound) different.

What I did to see if I could resolve issue:-

1) Checked the earthing of the car, but still no joy
2) Disconnected car battery for 5 minutes to see if this would re-set this issue, but still no joy.
3) Checked fuses and relays, but still can not find the fault.

What may have caused the issue:

I think the issue was caused after a very heavy downpour when I was driving under a very heavy cloud on the A routes (A56) in Halifax..

caldirun
20-10-2008, 05:54 PM
Hi,
Hope you can help?
I have had my Passat for 2 years, with no issues, but for the past few weeks I have had the following issue:-

1) When full lights are on, the left side indicator is on solid in the car and also the indicater lights are on solid on the left side (Passenger side) of the car, but dim.

2) When full lights are on and the beam is also on full, if I press the horn, the left side indicator light comes on and even when I let go off the horn the horn is still on, but horn sound (lower sound) different.

What I did to see if I could resolve issue:-

1) Checked the earthing of the car, but still no joy
2) Disconnected car battery for 5 minutes to see if this would re-set this issue, but still no joy.
3) Checked fuses and relays, but still can not find the fault.

What may have caused the issue:

I think the issue was caused after a very heavy downpour when I was driving under a very heavy cloud on the A routes (A56) in Halifax..

See the post below re convenience control modules, almost a cert water has entered the car through the pollen filter and flooded the control module under the passenger floor

ndiqbal
20-10-2008, 07:12 PM
caldirun - Thanks for the quick responce.
What would be the best way to resolve the issue?
I was also told that it could be the relay, which can cause this issue.

Please advise.
Thanks

PS - Which post?

caldirun
20-10-2008, 07:45 PM
caldirun - Thanks for the quick responce.
What would be the best way to resolve the issue?
I was also told that it could be the relay, which can cause this issue.

Please advise.
Thanks

PS - Which post?
The post headed convenience control modules, check for dampness under the carpets on the front passenger footwell. If damp do a search for flooded plenum chamber or convenience control module. If you think its a relay try changing it!

ndiqbal
21-10-2008, 10:34 AM
Caldirun Thanks for the info. I will do a search on the names you have mentioned.

Caldirun I was also told that if you leave it it will sort itself out!! is that true?