PDA

View Full Version : 3 small problems

qwerty12345
20-10-2008, 09:12 AM
Hi
I have 3 small problems and was wondering if anyone can help me with

1. When the passenger door is opened the interior lights don not come on (all the other doors work OK)

2 One of the rear overhead interior lights do not work I have tryed to remove the light, is there a knack to removing it without ripping the head lining

3 I am fitting some Cisbo parking sensors (I have painted them) but when I connect them up there is a consent beeping noise...

Any help most welcome

Cheers

Mark

bakili
20-10-2008, 06:32 PM
2. try with flat screw driver remove glass bit, and you will be able to see bulb.
3. I think you should not paint sensors, that what causing it i believe

westie383
20-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Hi, I've had the same problem with one of my rear interior lights not working. Took the plastic lens out and I could see a great blob of grease on the contacts, which may or may not have been the problem. If the moving contacts lose some of the tension on the fixed parts, it's really difficult to put any more pressure on them without taking the whole assembly out, stripping the fitting down and rebuilding it - that's where the fun begins... Press & push the light fitting very hard to the right against the spring pressure and the left hand side should pull downwards and out, but be careful, as the plug/socket is in the left hand side of the fitting and sticks out and is easily damaged. It certainly goes back in better than it comes out, but make sure there is plenty of tension on the spring or the unit will hang down from the headlining.
Good luck,
Trev

jobbbers
29-10-2008, 07:59 PM
None of the interior lights come on when I open any of the doors, but all of the lights work when they are switched on ???????

A bit invconienient when it is dark??????

richard@thebrae
29-10-2008, 11:31 PM
As the other guys have told you the interior lights do come out, but you must pry them out from the correct end. I cat remember which one, but try either end gently till you find it, once you do, it is easy.
I fitted cisbo sensors and they are spot on even though I have painted them. (Two light coats only)
Are you sure you have connected them up properly ? as it is a bit fiddly with the tail light units and a mistake is easily made.
Mine are fitted to my estate and the reading on the digital display are accurate.
Bumpy uneven surfaces can give the odd false bleep but besides that they are great.
Regards Richard