PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Service Indictor keeps coming on

Noxx1
19-10-2008, 11:18 PM
I have a 2.0 GT TDI 54 Plate Golf and it's done just over 54K miles. It was recently serviced but the service indictor keeps coming back on. I've been back to the dealership several times and asked them to turn it off, but a week or two later I switch on the engine and a brief "Service Now" message appears, i.e. not the 1000 mile count down indicator that you get when the car is approaching a service interval.

Does anyone have a clue as to why this might be happening? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

ashadam
19-10-2008, 11:37 PM
I have a 2.0 GT TDI 54 Plate Golf and it's done just over 54K miles. It was recently serviced but the service indictor keeps coming back on. I've been back to the dealership several times and asked them to turn it off, but a week or two later I switch on the engine and a brief "Service Now" message appears, i.e. not the 1000 mile count down indicator that you get when the car is approaching a service interval.

Does anyone have a clue as to why this might be happening? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Get them to check again or try someone with vagcom they may try harder than a *******.

Noxx1
21-10-2008, 09:09 AM
thanks mate, will do. Managed to switch it off myself - having read the manual you can do it without going to a dealer. My concern is if it's a problem with the car, or the reset.

ashadam
21-10-2008, 01:09 PM
thanks mate, will do. Managed to switch it off myself - having read the manual you can do it without going to a dealer. My concern is if it's a problem with the car, or the reset.

I would of thought vagcom can pick up most faults, one of the guys on site will be able to help you out I am sure.