PDA

View Full Version : Help A4 drivers door problem

neil w
19-10-2008, 05:48 PM
Help ! for some unknown reason the drivers door on my wifes 2003 A4 Tdi has taken some kind of dicky fit and now refuses to unlock or open. Both remotes will lock/ unlock and alarm the car as will the keys BUT the drivers door stays resolutely locked shut.
The only other obvious thing is that the centre button on the remote will not unlock the tailgate , however, the tailgate unlocks on the normal button with the other doors or on the key.
It may be a fuse BUT the fuse box is on the end of the dash panel and can only be accessed if the drivers door is open.
Has anyone has this problem and is there a simple fix , because I'm stumped as to how I will get the door open

kite
19-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Is your passenger footwell damp ?

neil w
19-10-2008, 06:00 PM
No

kite
19-10-2008, 06:06 PM
OK, the CCM is under the pax seat and these cars are known to have a problem with water
getting in.I could have pointed you in the direction of a fix.
This won't help you but I have no idea how to open the door but when you do try checking for broken wires in the loom between the door and "A" pillar.

neil w
19-10-2008, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the info, the car still has 6 months warranty left so I'll have a quick look at the unit under the seat, if there is nothing obvious its a problem for the local Audi/VW dealer to sort out.

kite
19-10-2008, 06:26 PM
Ahh, the best fix, you can't beat warranty.