PDA

View Full Version : Functional Queries

Pibsy
19-10-2008, 05:21 PM
S-Line Avant arrived last Weds. 1.8TFSi, Monza Silver, 30mm Drop - Fricken Awsome!

Spent the evening studying the handbook and have a couple of queries.

Handbook lists a "spare key adaptor which should be stored in the little plastic shell/holder which is attached to the inside of the glovebox. I don't have the adaptor, the holder is empty. Has anyone else got the adaptor?
Handbook lists the glovebox having a light, mine doesn't. Is this normal?
Front light washers seemed to have stopped working, might have been after I went through the "set up" options on the on board MMI computor. Only reson I know this is that they seemed to be spraying up over the bonnet, so I thought I would have a look in the daylight this weekend, but now I can't get them to work. Could I have turned something off?

Audi Happy
19-10-2008, 06:11 PM
Hi Pibsy
First mistake, ' you spent the evening reading the handbook' who does that ???

seriously, the spare key adaptor should be in the holder, mine was,
i dont appear to have a light in my glovebox, i think that might be part of the interior light pack, and finally i was told the headlight washers only come on about every 5th squirt, not every time.

i would get in touch with your supplying dealer for a key adaptor.

kodkod.84
19-10-2008, 06:34 PM
Is your car a company/leased car. They have a habit of keeping spare keys in case you lose them. I was only supplied with one key when I had my company B7.

Pibsy
19-10-2008, 06:51 PM
Thanks,
Phoned the dealer already - seemed a little confused by my explanation of "spare key holder as page 42 of the handbook". Obviously they don't read the handbooks either !
After more discussion they said they'd send me one. I'll see what turns up !

mkc
19-10-2008, 07:06 PM
I confirm that the Xenon headlight washers come on every 5th clean of the windscreen. I dont have a spare key either but mines a lease, you should have one.

kodkod.84
19-10-2008, 07:28 PM
This is the baby you're after as discussed in the Magic Spare Key Thread

http://gallery.me.com/jonpaul99/100180/Image003/web.jpg

stuart
19-10-2008, 07:32 PM
More to the point why would you want to leave a spare key in the glove box?

kodkod.84
19-10-2008, 07:41 PM
I originally thought that- but it turns out it's only the large shell part that is kept in the glovebox, you keep the smaller blade outside the car.