PDA

View Full Version : Newbie owner questions..

REZ
19-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Hi chaps, replaced my bora tdi this week with a 2003 A4 TDI.. love it so far and have a few questions;

1. Although i didn't spot it when i test drove the car the temp gauge isn't working.. Is this a common problem and does anyone have any tips on fixing it?
2. My bora had a re-map and went went really well so it's on the cards for the A4 too, would anyone recommend a re-map or a plug in type box?
3. I'll be taking the standard head-unit out and replacing with an aftermarket item.. which blanking plates are most commonly used?

Any help or advice much appreciated.. :)

kite
19-10-2008, 01:08 PM
Change the temp. sensor see if that fixes your gauge.
I would re-map, don't lke tuning boxes, look around this site for re-map Co's.
No idea on headunts sorry.
What engine and spec did you get?

REZ
19-10-2008, 01:24 PM
Change the temp. sensor see if that fixes your gauge.
I would re-map, don't lke tuning boxes, look around this site for re-map Co's.
No idea on headunts sorry.
What engine and spec did you get?

it's a 130 SE with cruise etc.. light silvery blue? wanted a sport originally (bora was a sport) but couldnt find one with cruise which i especially wanted.. it feels solid enough in the corners though so quite pleased.. looking at 17" alloys on flea-bay and wating for a decent set to come up.. you know the five spoke sport ones?

thanks for advice on temp sensor.. will that have to come from audi or will europarts supply it?

kite
19-10-2008, 01:28 PM
I would go to Audi, get a green topped one !!.
You could of retroftted CC on a sport.
Damn I've just sold a set of "star" alloys with tyres.

REZ
19-10-2008, 01:42 PM
I would go to Audi, get a green topped one !!.
You could of retroftted CC on a sport.
Damn I've just sold a set of "star" alloys with tyres.

bugger!! could i retro fit a centre armrest? missing that too.. :) i've yet to buy a car and just leave the thing untouched.. lol .. wheels, new head unit, remap, better brakes,.. going to be a busy winter :)

kite
19-10-2008, 01:59 PM
I think the FCA is available from Vagparts.

REZ
19-10-2008, 02:33 PM
I think the FCA is available from Vagparts.

great, thanks for the tips.. next question is where is the temp sensor located! ;)

kite
19-10-2008, 05:22 PM
I have no idea, have a search around.
there may even be a "how to" !