PDA

View Full Version : Help with rear door pannels

walker1958
17-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Hi I have a Passat TDI SE 1998,

The rear passenger door will not open when using the out side door handle, but it works ok from the inside. I wanted to take the inside door panel off to see if I could fix. I can not seem to get this panelling off, I can only see one screw at the very bottom to take out .. can some one talk me through taking this panel off,thanks :Blush:

interman4151
19-10-2008, 05:17 PM
ive just taken mine off today
bottom screw off then prize from below speaker and work round then lift to to clear window trim when so far out unhook door lever cable
ive had to do mine from inside as i cannot open door at all

me1onhead
20-10-2008, 03:51 PM
Removing the door panels is a bit un-nerving at first attempt.
Like the previous correspondent says, undo single screw and with a large(ish) flat blade screwdriver and the with the help of some stiff card (to act as a protective layer twixt blade and paintwork) gently lever the panel away from the bottom corners. When the panel eventually comes away, it does so with a loud 'snap' as the plastic fasteners break free from their mounting holes. It initially scared the life out me when I replaced the door speakers because I thought something had broke - it hadn't! :nervous:

hongkongstuey
20-10-2008, 08:11 PM
i presume i cant get my door card off with the door shut as mine is dead locked shut :aargh4: and its a bit un nerving as my door pin is fully on show as being up!!

walker1958
23-10-2008, 04:45 PM
thanks for that ill give it ago at the weekend thanks :)