PDA

View Full Version : Sharan none starter

sopes
08-02-2007, 10:55 PM
Hi peeps im in need of some help.
I have a sharan on a 97 plate its the 1.9tdi and was driving it one nite and it cut out dead on me like i turned the key off, so i had it recoverd to a garage where they said it was a fuel pump so had a new one fitted and no joy, so then the ecu was tested came back fine! i went to the garage were they showed me what they had done and and explained to me the prob, they can get it to turn over but not start they cracked the injectors off and had a small amount of fuel squirting out but not enough to start it.
They also tried to get it to run on easy start (which they/i know you shouldnt) but still no joy. Soooo has anyone got any idea?? Cars :aargh4:

Thanks

adamss24
08-02-2007, 11:07 PM
Hi peeps im in need of some help.
I have a sharan on a 97 plate its the 1.9tdi and was driving it one nite and it cut out dead on me like i turned the key off, so i had it recoverd to a garage where they said it was a fuel pump so had a new one fitted and no joy, so then the ecu was tested came back fine! i went to the garage were they showed me what they had done and and explained to me the prob, they can get it to turn over but not start they cracked the injectors off and had a small amount of fuel squirting out but not enough to start it.
They also tried to get it to run on easy start (which they/i know you shouldnt) but still no joy. Soooo has anyone got any idea?? Cars :aargh4:

Thanks
Replace fuel shut-off solenoid or check/measure the wiring to it. They had changed the parts fot no reason ! Cowboys !

sopes
08-02-2007, 11:13 PM
the shut of on top of the pump yer? if so that was tested and was fine and the measured the feeds to the solenoid and pump they were fine and also tested the omhs they were fine :confused: i spent like 1.5 hrs there while they showed me everything they had gone through.

adamss24
08-02-2007, 11:25 PM
the shut of on top of the pump yer? if so that was tested and was fine and the measured the feeds to the solenoid and pump they were fine and also tested the omhs they were fine :confused: i spent like 1.5 hrs there while they showed me everything they had gone through.
Are all the lights comming on as usual when you switch the ignition on without starting the engine ? Check/replace relay 109 as its feeds power to the ECU and wont set any fault codes in the memory. Also check the immobiliser as well, as that might be an immo1 and separated from the instrument cluster. Have you got a spare working key ? Allways start with the cheapest option first ! Dont know where the fuel solenoid shut-off valve is on vw sharans but if you follow the pipes from the fuel filter, you will find it, no doubt about it ! Hope this helps. Also, was the fuel filter replaced recently or the car run out of fuel ? That may lead to a clogged pick-up in the tank or a blocked filter...

sopes
08-02-2007, 11:28 PM
wow great il ask them this 2moro and see what the say. Cheers for the help.