PDA

View Full Version : 2006 A3 2.0T tunning??

suthers
16-10-2008, 10:28 PM
Hello all ive recently bought a 2006 s line a3 2.0t quatrro and i love it very pleased i went for it over the mk5 golf gti.. Just a few questions at the moment its standard but im keen to have it remapped... its my first turbo car and im told you notice a big difference with the re maps is that right? Also looking at induction kits any one got any advice on a good one? Alos blow off valves do they increase performance alot? Thanks alot in advance josh :1zhelp:

gixxerk4600
17-10-2008, 08:31 AM
if you go for say a bluefin remap you are looking at around 50 bhp increase and then you almost have the same performance as the s3. an induction kit will only create little bhp increase, either go for a panel filter or a induction kit from pipercross called the viper, it is a fully enclosed system so it doesn't draw any cold air in to engine. another good buy would be to get a full miltek exhaust system. if you get the exhaust and air filter before the remap, and when it come to the remap they will be able to tune it that bit better.

the only thing a blow off valve does is, that when your flooring it and suddenly close the throttle, the turbo is still spinning creating back pressure between the turbo and throttle bodies, that pressurised air goes into the turbo and slowly down the wheel which can cause turbo lag in the next gear. but a BOV releases that built up pressure before it slows down the wheel and lets the air out into the atmosphere! it will increase performance slightly, you wont see the figures increase tho, you will just get slightly better acceleration.

there can be a few disadvantages with them. depends in where it is located, the engine could read that a certain amount of air is being drawn into engine and the ECU will provide the correct amount of fuel but not realising that the air is going out the BOV and therefore runs very rich and could cause the car to stall. you can lower the pressure so the BOV only opens a little or situate the BOV after the MAS so the ECU will not be reading the high quantity of air!

hope that answered your question! sorry i went on a bit

SEMKY
17-10-2008, 08:56 AM
As above....Panel filter rather than induction kit and I think when gixxer said 'it is a fully enclosed system so it doesn't draw any cold air in to engine'....he meant HOT air;) which is detrimental to performance.

but bear in mind the engine will already have a recirc valve to achieve what a blow off valve would. Once remapped its a good idea to uprate the recirc valve to deal with the increased boost pressure The APR one seems to have a good rep.
If you went for an atmospheric blow off valve it needs to be of the splitter variety valve to avoid getting the engine management light on all the time (for reasons that gixxer has mentioned above)
At least thats the case with the earlier 1.8T engines....;)

gixxerk4600
17-10-2008, 08:58 AM
lol, yea sorry, doesn't draw HOT air. my bad

suthers
17-10-2008, 08:24 PM
wow thanks for such a quick and brilliant response guys. Im going to order a blue fin on monday.. Was on a country lane today behind a new shape s3 and i was very happy that my car almost kept up with him before the remap! Is there ever any meet in the south west? Cheers

suthers
28-10-2008, 11:53 PM
Hi guys i would really like a piper cross venom induction kit but cant seem to find one for 2.0T 2006 a3 do you know where i can get one from? Cheers

suthers
28-10-2008, 11:54 PM
viper even!

gixxerk4600
29-10-2008, 10:55 AM
have you looked at any other manufactures? K'n'N do the apollo which is universal so might not fit. green do the dyna twist, BMC CDA (carbon dynamic airbox) which is a good one, and blueflame do the inforceair and carbonio do a filter.

BMC - http://www.autotintdesign.com/BMC%20CDA/cda-Audi.html and its is £169

Carbonio - http://goapr.com/Audi/products/intake_carbonio_8pa3.html

www.angeltuning.co.uk

thats all i could really find!

motechmike
29-10-2008, 11:58 AM
I would stick the the o.e air box its not all about the more cold air going in.. The o.e air box also holds air as a chamber losing this can make the car fee a bit jumper at low speeds also the way the air is foced in to the turbo os better with th o.e air box...

Thanks Mike

P.S were also running a offer on re-maps for £250 all in!

:biglaugh:

gixxerk4600
29-10-2008, 12:08 PM
i have gone for a replacement filter and kept the box. the carbonio is a very popular filter as it has its own housing/box straight from the front of car so the air is cold and force fed, and its superb build quality. and it looks a bit classier under the bonnet! but you end up paying a little bit more!

motechmike
29-10-2008, 12:13 PM
i have gone for a replacement filter and kept the box. the carbonio is a very popular filter as it has its own housing/box straight from the front of car so the air is cold and force fed, and its superb build quality. and it looks a bit classier under the bonnet! but you end up paying a little bit more!

Nice bit of kit !

And the keep the o.e air box !

Mike

gixxerk4600
29-10-2008, 12:24 PM
yea i kept the box mainly for the fact that i can pay 40 quid for a replacement filter and get a little bhp increase or pay 200 quid for still a little bhp increase! just looks a bit better n may sound better!

engineermk
30-10-2008, 01:29 PM
I also have a A3 2.0T Q. I'm keen to hear how you get on with bluefin upgrade and how detrimental it is to fuel consumption.

I had my (now sold) 1.8T superchipped from 150 to 180 and thought it was very good all round and long term ave fuel comsumption was only down 1mpg according to the dash readout.

suthers
02-11-2008, 02:20 PM
engineermk, Where are you from? We could get a better deal with two 2.0Ts... i had a quote from revo in bristol for £360 and he takes it out and tunes it to exactly how you like it!

engineermk
02-11-2008, 05:36 PM
engineermk, Where are you from? We could get a better deal with two 2.0Ts... i had a quote from revo in bristol for £360 and he takes it out and tunes it to exactly how you like it!

I'm in Milton Keynes. I'm only interested in bluefin as it has to be reversible by me (it's a company car) and I have used superchips before and have confidence in thier product. I'm sure revo is good but it's not for me.

Thanks for asking.