PDA

View Full Version : Buongiorno!!

MrMischief
16-10-2008, 09:15 PM
Hi everyone....

I'm going to be returning to the VAG stable following another Japanese spree. Just bought a 57 plate Passat TDi Sport 170 Estate (must be getting old ;)) & get it next Wednesday. I had an Ibiza Cupra TDi a few years ago & loved that, this felt the same on the test - only bigger :biglaugh:

Cheers,
Steve

MalcQV
17-10-2008, 08:18 AM
Welcome :bigok:

Soundmangt4
17-10-2008, 08:45 AM
I have recently collected a 58 plate Passat TDi Sport 170 with DSG box, and I am sure you won't be dissapointed. I am over the moon with mine, and even the performance is quite enjoyable which suprised me as I came from a GT-Four running around 350 bhp!!

MrMischief
17-10-2008, 09:11 PM
I have recently collected a 58 plate Passat TDi Sport 170 with DSG box, and I am sure you won't be dissapointed. I am over the moon with mine, and even the performance is quite enjoyable which suprised me as I came from a GT-Four running around 350 bhp!!

Join the club - I thought I recognised your tag from GT4OC :D

How are you getting on with decent economy? I'm looking forward to spending less time at the pumps. My GT4 managed a max of 29mpg on the commute, I do miss the vroooom a little though - just need to spend some cash on the wife's Cooper S for weekend fun :naughty:

elitedetailer
17-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Hi Welcome to the forum! :beerchug:

Hex69
18-10-2008, 08:48 AM
Hello and welcome :biglaugh:

Soundmangt4
20-10-2008, 08:09 AM
Join the club - I thought I recognised your tag from GT4OC :D

How are you getting on with decent economy? I'm looking forward to spending less time at the pumps. My GT4 managed a max of 29mpg on the commute, I do miss the vroooom a little though - just need to spend some cash on the wife's Cooper S for weekend fun :naughty:

Ahh, I guess with the current financial climate, I bet more people will be abbandoning their gas-guzzlers!!

I'm lucky in that I have had a diesel work horse for a few years now, and the current Passat is a company car so I don't pay for the fuel anyway, but I never checked the GT-Fours economy, as I am sure it would have scared me, and would have beenm in single figures after a 'spirited drive'!! I still have the Four, but it will probably be broken for spares in the spring, when more people will be starting to mod their cars hopefuly!!