PDA

View Full Version : Question Sat/Nav update?

parsen66
16-10-2008, 07:42 PM
Has anyone heard of an update for the Sat/Nav system to include full post code search? In my job its very important as I go to many industrial estates which dont always have a street name.

I could call the Audi dealer but to be honest I know I will get a quicker and more accurate reponse from here.

Here's hoping that there is something. :beerchug:

a8 tech
16-10-2008, 07:57 PM
the nav cd rom is updated in the first quarter of the year and there are no plans to allow 7 digit postcode.I have looked at the new 3G system in A8 and thats still the usig the zip 4 digit

Jamie1114
20-10-2008, 10:57 PM
I wish they'd change the ordering of the traffic report list to be by distance from your current location (like Garmin, and the only intuitive option IMHO), instead of the bizarre ordering by road number.

rd1
22-10-2008, 04:39 PM
I agree, it’s remarkable that they have put all that technology in but missed the distance option. (Unless I haven’t found how to work it yet?) I find it bizarre that I have to read through the distant motorways before I can get to the A10 or A1 in my area!

Interesting debate with the postcodes, my last car was a Peugeot 407 which had good sat nav but absolutely no postcodes so the B8 is a definite improvement although it would be easier if the full code was available.
Brilliant car though so I will put up with both of the minor probs.

kite
22-10-2008, 05:19 PM
I think if you have a route active the traffic is put in order.