PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Speaker wiring format and colours advice

jonahga
16-10-2008, 03:16 PM
Just bought an Alhambra at auction and I'm trying to get the stereo up and running. Have manage to get the new head unit in a working (powered) but am struggling to identify the speaker wires.

As far as I can tell there are 2 sets of wires I cannot account for so far:

1. There is a set of wries that are bundled into two grey cables with a thin adapter on the end. Don't know if this is part of the orginal car's wiring or not. Could they be the speaker wires?
2. There's a set of wires (5 in all including a red, black, blue and two others) that are connected to a yellow adapter. As there are only five of these then I suspect they are not the speaker cables. (steering column head unit controls maybe?)

I presume there would be 8 in total but haven't located them yet

Anyone know the colours and can confirm there are eight? Front Left (+ and -) Front Right (+and-), Rear Left (+ and -) and Rear Right (+and-). And whether or not they sound like either of the above sets?

Any advice very appreciated

Andy

micamobile@yaho
30-10-2008, 08:54 PM
going by the ford galaxy manual i have it probably doesn't have speaker wires as such but audio outs in the shape of phone rca plugs which go to the seperate on board amp located below the stereo in the dash board simsilar set up to an old household seperates system i s'pose and thats what is connected to the speakers