PDA

View Full Version : Switch off bulb failure. vagcom ???????

Mick S-Line
08-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Hi everybody.
I've just installed a HID bulb kit with no probs, I then swapped the side light bulbs for white led's. Now the dash reads 'side light bulb failure'. I've read this is something to do with the 'cambus' system due to the lower currant draw of led's and can be sorted through vagcom. I'm not interested in fitting resistors or the like so hopefully somebody in the Essex / Suffolk area has access to vagcom and could be persuaded (money!) to turn off the bulb check facility ?????

PLEASE !!!

Dave Avant
09-02-2007, 01:44 PM
Yeah, I tried LEDs before getting the bulb failure. The normal sidelights look yellow compared to the HIDs so I replaced them with Phillips Blue vision side light bulbs as they are much whiter and as they are 'normal' bulbs I get no bulb failure. The bubls I think are 3800 Kelvin so not far behind 4800K of std HIDs. They don't look as 'white' as the HIDs but they are definately better than std bulbs, somewhere in between std and LED I'd say. I found the LEDs also flickered slightly as with the bulb failure circuit tends to send pulses to the bulbs as a constant check.

Not sure if turning off the Bulb failure if it also turns off other system checks, like low coolant or screen wash.

Dave Avant
09-02-2007, 05:05 PM
These are the side light bulbs;

http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk/default.asp?prodtype.asp?PT_ID=80&strPageHistory=cat