PDA

View Full Version : New so please be kind and a bit of help

carlos318is
16-10-2008, 01:07 PM
I have a passat 1.9tdi on a S reg with a central locking problem.

The problem is when you lock the car from the drivers door all the doors will lock but you have to lock it again to get the little light to flash. I have had the box out from under the pass floor and cleaned the earth strap and all seems to be ok there. I am now out of ideas so can you please help

Regards carlos;)

artscot79
17-10-2008, 07:14 PM
i have the 1.8 20v sport im the same except i have to turn the key 3 times first locks second is deadlock and third alarm the vehicle im the same with the remote i had #it all working from one turn but i did it by accident im back to the same now and cant figure out how to do it either it has summat to do with the keyfob

carlos318is
18-10-2008, 10:02 AM
Mine used to do it on the 3rd turn but I cleaned the earth up thats under the carpet and now it does it on the 2nd turn (sometimes):zx11:

artscot79
18-10-2008, 06:10 PM
strange according to the book it should arm on the first turn however the second turnshould enable the deadlocks however the book doesnt mention 3 turns so that aint much help like i said i had it working first time but i was messing around with the fob and i havent managed to do it again ive just persevered with having to press the button 3 times as ive had no help on this site

carlos318is
20-10-2008, 09:07 AM
Thanks mate

Well if you do find out let me know :D