PDA

View Full Version : New Speedo

baboon
16-10-2008, 12:27 PM
I have a Audi A4 quattro avante with the Naviplus system. The speedo head has a colour display in the centre between the 2 clocks which shows directions etc and also other warning information.
This is failing intermittently - sometimes works fine, others just a grey screen etc.
Ive been quoted £630 by Audi for a new unit and reprogramming of the immobiliser which seems steep to say the least.
I have already sent it off the UKclusterrepairs who claimed they could fix it but after having it a week say that its the driver circuit and not the screen thats at fault. Apparently these cannot be bought ???.

How exact are the part numbers i.e mines a 8E0 920 980H. There are units on EBay for about £100 which look identicatl but have different model numbers. Is this just a firmware thing. Audi will reprogram any unit brought to them for £130, but my worry is that I buy one that looks the same but Audi say its wrong.
Can anyone shed any light on the situation for me

Cheers

Chris

Flakmunky
16-10-2008, 01:57 PM
There is a problem with buying used clusters - I think you need the VIM of the donor car as you can't reprogram them after 100000km...

would search for posts from people who have been looking in to retro fitting colour DIS... Both here and on Navplus...