PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Central locking problems

jonahga
16-10-2008, 11:43 AM
Hey all

First of all I have seen the posts on a related subject that tell you how to sync your key fob with the system. Got fob batteries replaced. I followed the instructions regarding three turns in the car lock and pressing fob buttons and all goes according to instructions including the fob flashing 5 times to indicate reprogramming but when all is done it still doesn't work.

Have located the central locking / alarm box under the passenger seat. Is it likely I might need to replace that? If so I'm guessing it might not be worth it.

Also I'm going to try to see if the fuse that is mentioned in another post might need replacement. The post in question suggest that this fuse has links to the central locking and also something on the display panel. My odometer (mileage) display is not working. Might that be what is being referred to? If not is there a separate fix for that or is it likely just to be goosed?

Also using the key in the driver's door only locks / unlocks that door. Shouldn't it operate all door locks including the boot? Consequently although I can lock each door manually, I don't think I can lock the boot via any method. I haven't investigated that one too closely yet though.

In addition, when I leave the car lights on (for saftey if it's dark etc. and I've parked for a short while), the lights warning buzzer sounds continuously. I would have thought it should only do that while the car door is open. No?

Any advice would be most appreciated

Andy