PDA

View Full Version : Not what I expected when the wife called me...

hagis
16-10-2008, 12:02 AM
I always worry when my missus calls me when she's left work. I fear the worst - her car has been broken into or stolen or the tunnels are jammed and I'm going to have a 2 hour journey home.

Surprised was an understatement when she rang me to say she had found a budgie outside of work and wanted to know what to do with it. I advised her to get a box and bring it home and I'd see about getting a cage.

Quite how a budgie came to be wandering about on the pavement in Liverpool city centre I've no idea, I guess it had escaped from somewhere. It survived an hour or so in a cardboard box and is now safely housed in an old cage a friend had in his shed. It looks a bit scruffy but seems to have settled in well. Assuming it makes it through the night I imagine it will be fine.

BDT
16-10-2008, 12:32 AM
I always worry when my missus calls me when she's left work. I fear the worst - her car has been broken into or stolen or the tunnels are jammed and I'm going to have a 2 hour journey home.

Surprised was an understatement when she rang me to say she had found a budgie outside of work and wanted to know what to do with it. I advised her to get a box and bring it home and I'd see about getting a cage.

Quite how a budgie came to be wandering about on the pavement in Liverpool city centre I've no idea, I guess it had escaped from somewhere. It survived an hour or so in a cardboard box and is now safely housed in an old cage a friend had in his shed. It looks a bit scruffy but seems to have settled in well. Assuming it makes it through the night I imagine it will be fine.

Your wife has just kidnapped a tourist on a visit to the capital of culture..........

They say that 3 million visitors have come so far... no-one said they were all human ;)

hagis
16-10-2008, 12:41 PM
:)

He was fine this morning when I got up though I'm not sure if he's eating / drinking. Still, he's got all day to himself in peace to get used to the cage and find everything so hopefully he'll be okay when I get home tonight.

Hex69
16-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Was it going cheap.....

I'll get my coat :outtahere

hagis
16-10-2008, 12:45 PM
I don't know, I didn't see the bill...

Get mine while you're over there, will you? :)

Captain Answer
16-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Grilling or Frying?? Pie might work well

BDT
16-10-2008, 08:37 PM
He's probably thinking "If i ever get out of this, its the last time I visit Liverpool, I get birdnapped, and held against my will in steel cage"

:biglaugh:

Dudey Head
16-10-2008, 11:03 PM
Grilling or Frying?? Pie might work well

Can't imagine there'd be enough meat on it for a pie?! Maybe a little one, like a pork pie sort of size. Budgie Buffet Pies - could catch on!

Dudey Head
16-10-2008, 11:08 PM
My mum's cousin used to have a budgie that was a **** head! It'd land on the edge of your wine/beer glass (it wasn't bothered which!) & try & have a sup! A splendid little creature!
On a completely different scale of creature Fred's a **** head as well, he licks wine bottles that are awaiting recycling & tries to get his head in my beer! Don't fancy a drunken Dobermann running around knocking everything flying though so his boozy inclinations are curbed! :D

hagis
17-10-2008, 11:47 PM
I believe that budgerigar means "good to eat" in one of the Aborigian languages. I doubt it, there isn't much meat on them.

The budgie in question is doing well, he settled in to the house well and is doing fine.

Dudey Head
19-10-2008, 12:29 PM
Have you given him a name? Does he know any words?

hagis
20-10-2008, 12:59 PM
We've called him "Petie", anyone guess the film?

No words yet, I think he's a young one, I intend to teach him a few choice words if the wife doesn't catch me...

Hex69
20-10-2008, 01:05 PM

No words yet, I think he's a young one, I intend to teach him a few choice words if the wife doesn't catch me...

Cecil B. DeMented by any chance?

Dudey Head
20-10-2008, 02:27 PM

Animals capable of profanities! Ace. I wish I could teach ma dawgs to swear, that'd be cool! No more barking when there's a knock at the door, just very loud swearing! Should get rid of salesfolk & bible bashers pretty damned quick! :D

omegadirective
20-10-2008, 03:29 PM

BOLOX! You have to get him to learn the word BOLOX! :)

Along with all other tremendously inappropriate things people shouldn't hear when they come to visit! You could just say he knew them when you got him! :)

Animals capable of profanities! Ace. I wish I could teach ma dawgs to swear, that'd be cool! No more barking when there's a knock at the door, just very loud swearing! Should get rid of salesfolk & bible bashers pretty damned quick! :D

Just train them to growl very loudly and if they can be seen, bare their teeth! :1zhelp:

hagis
21-10-2008, 12:49 PM
BOLOX! You have to get him to learn the word BOLOX! :)

Along with all other tremendously inappropriate things people shouldn't hear when they come to visit! You could just say he knew them when you got him! :)

I was thinking of the Harry Enfield Dr Doolittle sketch ("Now say bolox..." and the Fast Shopw sketch where unlucky Alf buys a parrot that swears like a trooper.

Dudey Head
21-10-2008, 01:57 PM
I was thinking of the Harry Enfield Dr Doolittle sketch ("Now say bolox..." and the Fast Shopw sketch where unlucky Alf buys a parrot that swears like a trooper.

Classics, especially the Harry Enfield sketch!! :D