PDA

View Full Version : Question Upgrade to single CD concert system in A4 Avant (B7)

ally0000
15-10-2008, 05:09 PM
Hi All,

This is my first time posting as a first time Audi owner (second day now). I just bought a 55 plate 2.0 TDi A4 Avant multitronic as we have a 5 month old daughter and a springer spaniel. I traded in my Alfa 147 as it was just way too small and so far I love the Audi.

The Alfa had a brilliant Bose sound system and I'm missing it already, do you have any advice for upgrading the single CD concert system. I do like OEM as much as possible so was thinking maybe keeping the head unit and just adding an amp and upgraded speakers and would get someone local in Edinburgh to do it. Although I am not against changing the head unit, i just don't want to spend loads.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice or words of wisdom I would be grateful.

Cheers,

Ally

kodkod.84
15-10-2008, 05:29 PM
I've always had the OEM Symphony system which is the 6CD dash changer, and a smallish amp which sat in the boot.

Got the BOSE Speaker system now which is brilliant- bass is a lot clearer at high volumes, not sure how easy a retrofit it would be though.

Anyone on here managed it?

Issac Hunt
15-10-2008, 05:34 PM
I am working through BOSE retro-fit. working abroad at the moment so no further progress until the new year sadly. Total cost will be around £280 I think, thats a mixture of new and used parts (no labour charge as install done by me)

ally0000
15-10-2008, 07:03 PM
thanks for the replies, I think the Bose system is the one I need, not bothered about the multi changer as CD's just get in the way and I might go the ipod/itrip route. I might also contact a local ICE installer and see what they would recommend as my daughter takes up most of the spare time, not that I would be able to do it anyway.

If anyone has had good or bad experiences with installers in Edinburgh that would be useful too.

Thanks again,

Ally