PDA

View Full Version : Alhambra headlamp level motor

matthewgdavies
14-10-2008, 10:11 PM
Changed a dipped headlamp bulb on 2004 Alhambra and now the electric headlamp leveller on the same side does not work - have checked the relevant fuses and they seem OK - headlamp aim is now sitting above the highest level achieved by the other h/lamp motor - is it poss something has been disturbed changing the bulb?

motorhead1
22-10-2008, 04:18 PM
it`s worth checking you haven`t fitted the bulb in upside down sound`s daft but it`s easily done.

matthewgdavies
21-11-2008, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the input - turns out the motor had failed - was quoted £280 fitted for new headlamp as motor was 'integral' - turns out it's a standalone standard VW part held to the lamp assembly with two screws - cost £28 inc vat - don't believe dealers - thanks go to my mate Al for skinning his knuckles to fit it!!

speedi
21-11-2008, 08:48 PM
:1zhelp:
HI CAN U TELL ME THE PART NUMBER AS I MIGHT HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM ON MY 51 ALHAMBRA BOTH OF MY HEADLIGHTS.

matthewgdavies
22-11-2008, 08:23 PM
Well don't jump to conclusions - check the fuses (one for each side) etc first and bear in mind the motors are only active (I think) with ign and h/lamps on

The motor is quite small turning a plastic gear in a plastic casing which turns a plastic shaft which moves the h/lamp inner assembly - the shaft had jammed solid (probably due to global warming) - part no is 1J0941295A list 24.59 plus vat from VW (might save a bit from a Skoda dealer assuming they still have the decending pricing Audi/VW/Seat/Skoda - part comes in a box with all four logos and secures to the h/lamp with a couple of screws!

H/lamp is held with 4 torx screws plus abt 3 more along the bonnet slam plate to move the grille to give clearance

Good luck
Just finally do check you are using the correct rotary switch and not adjusting the panel lamp brightness by mistake!!!!!!

speedi
24-11-2008, 02:26 PM
:biglaugh:
THX ALOT. WILL KEPP U UPDATED