PDA

View Full Version : Please Help 6N2 Polo GTI won't start

PoloGTIRob
13-10-2008, 11:10 PM
Right i've got a Polo GTI 6N2 and it's been stood since April doing nothing, so i now want it back on the road. Because its been sitting so long the Battery's died so i've changed the Battery, plugs, coil and Leads but still the car won't fire into life! basically if i leave it for 10/15 mins and then turn the key to the position that the fuel pump primes, wait for the buzzing to stop and then attempt fo fire the engine it starts and revs to 3k then just dies, if i try and start it again all thet happen is the starter motor turning the engine over but nothing else! any ideas? should i change the fuel filter? i just want to start using it now and has never missed a beat in 2 years! help!

Crasher
13-10-2008, 11:18 PM
You need to have a fault code read done first before you waste any more time and money.

oli4444
20-10-2008, 05:41 PM
hi there, if you cant get it started and you fancy selling for bits... im after a gearbox!?
e-mail me back cheers

Crasher
20-10-2008, 06:17 PM
Second hand 6N2 GTI boxes, like rocking horse doo doo!

PoloGTIRob
20-10-2008, 07:33 PM
All Diagnosed now - someone from another forum came out and pluged a machine into the car - it works out it was the transponder in the key had dissappeared! so new key needed and job done!

smokey0123
20-10-2008, 08:06 PM
New transponder and SKC and some sort of diagnostic equipment to program it in (My favorite is Vagcom)

Do you know your SKC (Secret Key Code)?

Have you got a spare key? if so try and start it with that.