PDA

View Full Version : coolant problem

jshoeboy
08-02-2007, 01:42 AM
i have a 2002 audi a4 1.8t, yesterday as soon as i turned the car on it gave me the coolant warning thing on my dash, but its freezing outside and the engine temp didn't go up, in fact it was all the way to the left, which means cold (sorry im horrible with cars). i have been driving it when it was like that (engine temp cold) because ive been in a rush, but eventually it goes to the middle (which i figured it should be) but this coolant thing has gotten me freaked out so i havent driven since, any suggestions and solutions to why my car is doing this?

madfella65
08-02-2007, 01:48 AM
check your coolant level - big white bottle at the top right of theengine bay (dont open when the car has just been running) make sure it is at max level

jshoeboy
08-02-2007, 02:03 AM
i just did, its very low. what are reasons for lose of coolant? could I didn't notice any visible leaks?

SoulTaxi
10-02-2007, 12:04 AM
Just top up your coolant to max with water and don't forget the antifreeze in this weather! If your coolant freezes it can mean trouble! Try and check the coolant level every day. If it keeps going down and you can't see any leaks, take it to a decent local garage and ask them to pressure check your coolant system, it'll soon reveal if you have any leaks. Hope this helps..

WHITEY_RS4
10-02-2007, 07:50 PM
I have the same car as u jshoeboy and a similar problem, my heaters dont seem to get very hot at all even thogh the engine has been running for 20 minutes, or a 7 mile drive! My coolent level is normal but it still just seems to blow warm air when its set at high temperature. Has anyone got any suggesstions with this?:1zhelp: