PDA

View Full Version : Question Golf Estate - Panorama Roof - Worth The cash

starfighter
13-10-2008, 09:18 PM
OK - I have a company Golf and love it and am looking to replace a Volvo V40 as the family bus. The Golf Estate fits the bill for size but I'd love to have a Panorama Roof for the kids (to either make the car feel more open or to treaten them with the ejection seat option!) The porblem is that these roofs are like rocking horse dropping, like only 1 in the country.

Is the roof worth buying a new car for? As well as the £800 to buy I would be facing the initial depeciation hit as well so the true cost is more like £3000 in 6 months.
:confused:
Does anyone out there know of one on demo / sale? Ideally 2.0 TDi SE / Sport.

Jeff :1zhelp:

starfighter
10-12-2008, 10:27 PM
OK, I'll update this myself to keep things tidy!

I had a look over a Golf Estate with a Panoramic Roof option with my wife and kids and it went down very well. It has a tilt option and a staged opening. The odd thing is that you an close the inner blind with the roof open! Sadly the test drive did not as it was a 1.9 and I wanted some more muscle for when we were 4-up with bags.

I finally found the right car and made a purchase mid November. 2.0 TDI Sportline with plenty of options. With the blind open the car is very light and is surprisingly quite for an outside opening roof even at 70mph. I now need guidence on how to referee the arguments from the back on he position of the roof.