PDA

View Full Version : no more xenons!

coanda
13-10-2008, 06:36 PM
had a call from my dealer today to tell me that vw have removed xenons as an option today. so since i am not getting them on mine this probably extends to recent orders. saves 835if you had them ticked. my guess is that whatever was causing the delay was significant and they'll bring them back in the future (near i hope!) when they can.

coanda

ryancooke
14-10-2008, 01:26 AM
i work within the group, and have not heard anything about them being put off the options. i got told yesterday that i am having to wait a little longer (was waiting till march anyway for an 09 plate), i will ask tomorrow about it, and see what they say

iroc
14-10-2008, 06:50 PM
I've heard that the xenons won't be available until sometime in 2009.:dunno:

coanda
14-10-2008, 08:05 PM
Yeah, I thought that would be the case - wonder if they can be retrofitted?

Does yours have xenons?

And drifting slightly - what do you think of the pano roof?

iroc
14-10-2008, 08:29 PM
No I don't have xenons. Seem an expensive option unless you do a lot of night driving or live out in the sticks.
One of the guys on scirocco central has been trying to find out if anyone has any plans to produce them but no luck yet.
Pano roof is a great option for me as the car is black on black and it just gives that extra bit of light + the tilt can be used instead of having window open, especially when raining..

coanda
14-10-2008, 08:37 PM
Ahh, I do live in the sticks and for the next six months my commute will be in the dark - both ways! :)

Cheers

Coanda

ryancooke
15-10-2008, 06:57 PM
right i found out today that whoever has ordered xenons will get them (up to a certan date, dont know exactly)

but yes they have been taken off the options list, so there will be no more, which makes whoever has the xenons kinda rarer cars.

so who ever has ordered them with there car wil get them, unless told otherwise, check with your dealer, cheers.

graememwagg
16-10-2008, 01:23 PM
right i found out today that whoever has ordered xenons will get them (up to a certan date, dont know exactly)

but yes they have been taken off the options list, so there will be no more, which makes whoever has the xenons kinda rarer cars.

so who ever has ordered them with there car wil get them, unless told otherwise, check with your dealer, cheers.
Hi ryancooke.
Will the build date dictate the availability of Xenons? I ordered Xenons on my car (order date 10th Oct 08) but the order on the factory I assume will not be placed until Xmas, because I want delivery in March on a 09 plate.
Or will my order have been placed on the system but scheduled to build X weeks before delivery? In which case I will get what I ordered.
Any idea?

Cheers,
Graeme

ryancooke
16-10-2008, 06:25 PM
no idea mate sorry, best thing to do is ask you dealer, they will be able to tell you for definite, cheers.

mhill
21-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Does any anybody know why these where removed?

ryancooke
22-02-2009, 10:25 AM
nope havent got a clue, but i know they are on my car :D

taylora
13-03-2009, 01:22 PM
Does any anybody know why these where removed?

I mailed VW to ask and they said it was due to a problem with the supplier so they removed the option. They said the option would be coming back on but they were unable to give a date and suggested I called them in the future for an update.

My current car has Xenons and I wouldn't be without them on my next. Our other car is a current shape Passat and the headlights on that are truely dire in comparison to the Xenons on our Mini. I'd love a Scirocco but if xenons aren't available when I come to buy my next car won't be a Scirocco.

mister.c.
14-03-2009, 03:51 AM
I'd love a Scirocco but if xenons aren't available when I come to buy my next car won't be a Scirocco.

This was one of the main reasons the Scirocco never became a really serious contender when I got my new car earlier on this year. Even given the price of them on the Roc they were a deal breaker.

I believe you can't order them on the golf at the moment - VW must be changing suppliers - can't see them putting up with this.

pumazooma
17-03-2009, 01:17 PM
There's a few Xenon cars trickling through but they're mainly people who ordered early. VW are also now running into supply problems with the panoramic roof. It's adding about 3 months to the delivery time for those cars.

Jacktherat
02-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Just received the new Scirocco brochure from VW UK but there is no mention of an upgrade option to Bi Xenon.
Just to cloud the issue further the examples of Scirocco displayed in the paint and general options sections clearly illustrate Scirocco with Xenons !

pumazooma
06-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Pretty much every brochure picture is specced to the hilt.

zf44
08-04-2009, 06:00 PM
You can still get hold of Sciroccos with xenons, examples at one of the dealers I do business with,

http://www.supercar.co.uk/UsedCarImage.aspx?DefaultImage=allapprovedcars&Width=369&Height=242&Id=600505172&View=1

http://www.supercar.co.uk/UsedCarImage.aspx?DefaultImage=allapprovedcars&Width=369&Height=242&UC=2&Id=600509138

The salesman didn't know why the xenons had been withdrawn but he did say that there are new Sciroccos on the central stock system with xenons. I also understand the Golf Mark VI GTI cannot be ordered with xenons in the UK but at a recent press shoot in Germany all the models came with xenons.

http://img.worldcarfans.com/2009/3/large/volkswagen-golf-gti-mkvi_50.jpg (http://www.worldcarfans.com/3090323.003/photo1016/volkswagen-golf-gti-mkvi)

alanstead
07-05-2009, 07:27 AM
Xenons are back. Just downloaded the latest price list for the Scirocco and Bi Xenon headlights are there as an option for £860.

taylora
08-05-2009, 09:01 AM
Hallelujah! Not yet on the web configurator but hopefully on there soon. Price seems a bit steep when you consider Merc and BMW sell them for much less and some models also come with the cornering function included.