PDA

View Full Version : Wheel judders

Spiceman
13-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Hi,

My Passat @ 48K started to judder under breaking at 70mph only on the near side front, since then it has progressed to juddering without breaking down to 55mph.
This has been into the dealer 3 times and they can bot find anything, however this is after I have told them them that this does not happen until the car has been driven for a good 30 minutes and its gets worse the longer you go on.
I have changed the tyres and had the wheels balanced twice now, the Techy today told me that it won't be the brake discs warped as it would do it all the time.
He did mention something to do with fly wheel, and there are some problems starting to appear from this!

Anybody had a similar experience?

:confused:

ledburyloafer
13-10-2008, 04:48 PM
get them to check the universal joints for grease, I had a similar problemon a golf, and this no joke, afer they had replaced the steering rack, clutch, discs, and were about to engage on replacing the gearbox, because all other avenues had been checked, I had already asked if they'd checked the joints for grease etc, I told them that I would get the gearbox done by an independant, said independant checked the joints, they were devoid of grease, a call to the *******, the car on a low loader, a meeting with the dealer, and a cheque for over 3 grand back for uneccessary work, car hire etc, all because someone didn't check a basic, they wanted to do the most expensive options first.