PDA

View Full Version : Please Help side covers in load area

chris baron
12-10-2008, 04:54 PM
hi everyone,
not had my 05 avant for long and every thing is great so far but i,m having problems with the covers on both sides of the load area not staying closed.The latches dont seem to lock,anybody got idea on what to do to fix it.Great forum folks.:1zhelp:

kodkod.84
12-10-2008, 06:29 PM
Probably buying new covers is the best bet although there is a certain knack of closing these properly- the catch is a bit crappy in my opinion.

If the catches are knackered then the part number should be on a sticker on the inside of the cover- give vagparts a call and they will be able to quote you on a price.

www.vagparts.com (http://www.vagparts.com)

chris baron
12-10-2008, 06:42 PM
the latch works off the car it just wont lock on to whats on the plastic trim.

kodkod.84
12-10-2008, 06:49 PM
Try pushing against the covers when putting them back in place- you got to give them a little force and wiggle them about, they should latch on eventually.

ian5509
13-10-2008, 07:27 AM
Try pushing against the covers when putting them back in place- you got to give them a little force and wiggle them about, they should latch on eventually.

I had similar problem with the left one for the oil and first aid kit - needed replacement unfortunately - fortunately mine was under warranty