PDA

View Full Version : Wheel weights

Aljo
11-10-2008, 10:50 PM
Hi,

Whilst cleaning the car today I noticed the remains of some adhesive on the alloy.It puzzled me for a minute and then I noticed the wheel weights were missing,they had obviously become unstuck and fell off. There is no difference in the steering,no wobbles etc. Would you advise me to get them replaced a.s.a.p. Can they be bought at most tyre fitting depots or are they a main dealer job?
16 " STANDARD B8 { in Ireland anyway) alloy with Michelin tyre. Any help or advice appreciated.

Regards,

Aljo

sootyscottie
12-10-2008, 12:04 AM
Hi,

Whilst cleaning the car today I noticed the remains of some adhesive on the alloy.It puzzled me for a minute and then I noticed the wheel weights were missing,they had obviously become unstuck and fell off. There is no difference in the steering,no wobbles etc. Would you advise me to get them replaced a.s.a.p. Can they be bought at most tyre fitting depots or are they a main dealer job?
16 " STANDARD B8 { in Ireland anyway) alloy with Michelin tyre. Any help or advice appreciated.

Regards,

Aljo

is it possible it is glue left over from when a wheel was balanced and they were removed cos not needed?

pure stab in the dark...

sooty
12-10-2008, 02:21 AM
Hi,

Regards,

Aljo

You might just want to get the blancing checked on that wheel just to be on the safe side... You could always check the other wheel to see what weights are installed

Doonhamer
29-10-2008, 05:25 PM
is it possible it is glue left over from when a wheel was balanced and they were removed cos not needed?

pure stab in the dark...

Late in the day but if you have not noticed any shaking of the steering wheel then this is exactly what it is. Us tyre fitters just peel off the old weights and dont waste any time with any glue left over. :p

Aljo
29-10-2008, 05:47 PM
Cheers Doonhammer,better late than never,all replies appreciated especially from members in your area of expertise.No sign of any shaking or wobbles whatsoever.

Regards,

Aljo

wingers1982
01-11-2008, 10:01 PM
its the old sticky stuff from old weights have you had them changed at some point? its a pain to get off so tyre fitters wont remove it fully only best they can if you dont feel anything it should be fine i'm a tyre centre manager