PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Sharan (T Reg) Boot will not open

Martijn
10-10-2008, 08:20 PM
I have a T Reg VW Sharan which I have locked and unlocked for many years using the remote control on the key. This is still working, but the boot will not open anymore. I can hear it switch something when I pull the handle (if I listen very carefully), but it will not open the boot. The lock on the boot has never been used and I think is blocked up as I can't get the key into it. Anyone any suggestion how I can open the boot up from the inside? Do I need to take panels etc off and can this be done from the inside? Would value your help! :confused:

Me n shaz
10-10-2008, 08:31 PM
hi, had this problem the other day, on mine it was the wire broken at the top rubber grommet where it bends (drivers side). i have just had a look through the inspection panel in the back door (drivers side), if you look up you can see some wires going upwards, the thickest wire leads up to this grommet, you may be lucky if you wiggle it you may get a connection and it will open. if not try going towards the back of the lock there are a couple of levers there that will open the lock.best of luck. bill.

Martijn
12-10-2008, 07:45 AM
Thank you for this. I remember the wiring to the tailgate (link between the car and the tailgate) was in pretty bad state some time ago and I have been patching it up a few times. Hadn't clicked that one of the wires could have snapped and stopped the boot from opening. I pushed against it from the outside a few times with a thin screwdriver and voila - the boot opened :biglaugh:.

Have now done rewiring of all the wires so hope it will not happen again.

Thank you for your suggestion